Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Our next NCFSC Event is

Our Mental Heath Awareness Evening which is tomorrow night starting at 7:30pm in the Top of the Terrace, Carrow Road
Its something completely different to our usual events but it''s a subject that we felt was important to discuss
The idea came about last April when we met Cedric Anselin at our Social Night and heard an interview he gave talking about his own battles.
Our guests are  Cedric & MP  Norman Lamb who champions mental health awareness in North Norfolk where I live.
We also have invited lots of local support groups who have all confirmed their attendance, MIND, BEAT, OCD Action Group, Mens Wellbeing, Priory Clinic, Norfolk & Waveney Wellbeing & TimeNorfolk
Its free entry, it ll be a chance to listen, to ask questions and to mingle.
I  meant to put this up Tues night but with the excitement of another win, I totally forgot but suspect most of you have seen our advertising the past few weeks on facebook, twitter, local papers, ncfc website or heard about it on Radio Norfolk 
You''re all very welcome,
Diane ( on behalf of our volunteers )

Well done for organising this, I hope you all have a great evening, whilst highlighting such important issues.

Thank you ec-p

Not our usual sort of event and its taken a lot of organising by our team but if it helps a few people on the night it will have been worthwhile

I understand you had well over a hundred people there last night Diane ? That is a fantastic achievement and illustrates what a great job you are doing for fans. Everybody is embracing your work that is for sure.

Thanks Tilly, it was a great night, sorry you missed it as you don''t miss many.

Here''s a post I put on facebook early

I can’t find the words to describe our mental health awareness event last night. It was inspiring, important,emotional, sad and so much more and the most rewarding event we have done to date

Cedric Anselin was brilliant, sharing his sad heartbreaking stories so as to help others, he''s such a special person and we his ncfc family will also help and look after him, we''ve taken him into our hearts and he''ll stay there forever

Norman Lamb was brilliant and works hard for mental health bless him for giving up his busy time to support us last night

Michael Bailey who stood in at short notice was the perfect host, he did us proud, he’s been a great friend to our social club and we appreciate his help

We had 7 charity support groups there who all had a table with their leaflets/banners, they did a brilliant job on the night mingling & chatting to people

Tom Smith from the ncfc board who comes to most of our events was there to support us too, he was passionate about the event and he’s passionate about us.

Thank you to all 130 people who attended and supported us, we weren’t sure how many would attend but the feedback has been overwhelming, you could have heard a pin drop when Cedric and Norman were sharing their stories

Finally our Norwich City Fans Social Club  volunteers team were brilliant, the evening was well organised and ran like clockwork, so proud of us all.

4V5A6143.jpg

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I understand you had well over a hundred people there last night Diane ? That is a fantastic achievement and illustrates what a great job you are doing for fans. Everybody is embracing your work that is for sure.[/quote]I second this wholeheartedly Tilly.I couldn''t go and to be honest I thought the attendance would be well under a hundred so what a fantastic turnout. Hopefully those that were there gained a lot from the meeting. I''ve always been impressed by Norman Lamb who puts so much effort into raising public awareness of the problems associated with mental health.Well done to Diane and the committee yet again.

Thank you Graham from us all, much appreciated.

We thought there would be a lot less as it was such a different event so were really pleased that so many more supported us