Sign in to follow this  
hampton canary

Trybul needs to be given a long term contract now

He was impressive today and gets better with every game he plays. I am sure other clubs are beginning to take note of his performances, so hopefully we can convince him to stay with us and offer him a long term contract. I also thought him and Reed looked a very good pairing in midfield today.

I think he wants to stay. His interview shortly after he signed said he was sick of bouncing around and wanted to put some roots down in Norfolk. I would hope that we will get him signed up long term pretty soon. Best signing of the summer imo.

I would be surprised if we didn''t have an option for another year.

We do have an option of a year extension for him. Whilst I agree he is playing well, why is everyone getting so carried away with him being great after only a few games? The time to judge would be Christmas for me, hopefully he will have continued to improve a lot more by then

[quote user="Baldyboy"]We do have an option of a year extension for him. Whilst I agree he is playing well, why is everyone getting so carried away with him being great after only a few games? The time to judge would be Christmas for me, hopefully he will have continued to improve a lot more by then[/quote]
I thought the same too, but looked back to the news articles when he signed and couldn''t find anything saying that so I wasn''t sure.
If we hold another year option then that''s fine, we can sort it in the summer. If we don''t, then we need to sign him up before Christmas as he would be eligible to speak to other clubs in January and sign terms on a pre-contract agreement for a summer move. That''s why people want this sorted soon. 
He''s demonstrated his class and ability already - if he continues to get better and we don''t have another year option, then the nearer to Christmas we get without extending, the louder the agent will be in his ear telling him to wait for January offers.

He really is some player, he''s slotted in perfectly and I think we''re yet to see the best of him. Agreed, get him on a 3 year quick as.