Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Corners

That silly little corner area next to the flag needs to be enlarged.It was set when there were no stadiums up close, and players could take a good run up.

We had 3 corners yesterday. We didn''t look like scoring from them. Bristol had 6 corners and we didn''t look like conceding from them. I put a lot of this down to the defensive coach that so many wanted last season.

The dynamic has changed. I''m not a huge fan but I was one of the few who liked how we played under Adams and Neil I am hopeful that we will get a better balance in time.

We seemed reluctant to put our free kicks into the box which was frustrating considering we had quite a few tall players on the pitch.

Dead ball delivery also suffers when Vrancic comes off- Wes is pretty awful at dead balls corners.

We don''t have a single player in our squad that attacks the ball in the air.... In my time, defenders like Fleming, Mackay, Nelson, Turner or strikers like Holt, Morisson, Ashton.

It will be interesting to see if either Hanley or Raggett get into the side this season. They are both good assets for attacking the ball in the air.

I''d love us to invest in two polar opposite strikers in Jan or next summer. A tall, strong target man who loves the physical game in the Championship, and a small and pacey outlet who loves to run in behind the opposition defence (Could this be Fonkeu or Abrahams??). I''d sell Jerome for whatever we can get to use on these investments.