Sign in to follow this  
pete

Trybull yes but what about Zimm

Tom T MOM yesterday but for me Zimm was immense cutting out every danger that came from Bristol C. Even though it didn''t look they wanted more than a draw there were occasions when Zimm was tactically astute. How old is the lad 20 or so but plays as a veteran alongside Klose who also deserves praise.

They are both proving to be great signings. Wasn''t Zimmerman the German 4th division player everyone was moaning about? Part of this supposed downgrade to league one players? I don''t see much of a downgrade TBH. Ruddy to Gunn? Bennett to Zimmermann? Howson to Trybull?

You could add Mulumbu and Bassong to those as well.Younger players most likely on lower wages as well.Personally I wouldn''t be too fussed to see us in the Championship doing well, watchng the young players coming through - players like those named developing as opposed to clinging on to the PL with ludicrously paid mercenaries who last a season.(burn the heretic !)

I just can''t stand watching an uncommitted team going through the motions or every week players just not being up for it or working hard enough. We could''ve scraped into the play offs last year and it would have still been a really sh1t5 season for us fans.

Most players we have this year, particularly the new signings like the ones named seem to understand what a privilege it is to wear the shirt. Should our finances improve in the future I hope we stick with this type of recruitment policy. No more Mulumbu/Jarvis type over the hill mercenaries please City!

Zimmerman was outstanding yesterday!

Just shows that lower League players can make the step up!

In fact our history shows that''s our best policy!

Hanley must be wondering when he''ll get a game cause can''t see him dropping the Klose/Zimmermann partnership whilst they are playing so well

For me Stiepermann has been a fantastic signing, hasn''t played anywhere near his favoured position but looks so accomplished at left back.

Definitely a better and cheaper option than Dijks.

Steiperman has been a major part of our defensive turnaround. His energy and strength has made us strong at LB again!

Unfortunately Husbands not good enough at LB but another pleasing factor of the recent turnaround is that Husband looks like he can do a competant job covering the left wing position!

Yep he''s really stepped up. From early preseason reports and what I saw of him at the start of the season I really thought he wasn''t going to be up to it but he''s been excellent since we gave him a bit of a cover and a better partner.