Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Unwanted Premier League Statistics

Just looking at the Premier League table, Crystal Palace on zero, I believe Derby hold the record on 11 overall points and 1p5wich for heaviest defeat 9-0 v Manchester United. I know it''s early days, but their performance yesterday was woeful. I can see both of these records being broken if Woy doesn''t turn it around. I''m not sure Woy''s heart is in it, his attitude to the media following the disastrous end to his England management career was appalling. I know some people would have welcomed him at Carrow Road, I for one am very pleased he didn''t come. I think we will be on the list as we didn''t win an away game in our 2004/2005 season. 

Wonder how many games woy will get , de boer got 4 , looking at their fixtures he could easily lose More than that in a row.

Also pleased he didn''t come here

Commeth the hour, commeth the mancan ''dodgy'' ''arry be far from his pulling hs next job ?

Many people wanted to be them and there was a thread on here about their ambitious new owners. Surely they''ll turn it around....

But will they sack Woy when he loses 4 on the trot too? He’s lost 2 and just has Man U and Chelsea next I think 😂

Hate Palarse. Aside from the usual stuff I''ve just never met a fan of theirs who wasn''t a total t055er....and Andy Johnson.

Historically extremely similar to us, but they just rub me the wrong way. Hope they go down but I could say that about 5/6 other clubs in that league. Palace, Stoke, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, West Brom etc yawn. Lot of really nothing clubs with either rich owners or awful styles of football. Even Swansea don''t play decent football anymore. If it wasn''t for the money in that league I''d be glad to be out of it

I get your point horse but the money only means we spend it on players hoping they''ll prove good enough to keep us up. The only plus for me is the money we invested in the academy. When it''s our turn again I''d be happy to spend more of it on that.

But surely that is for the same end NN?

We either develop players through the academy, to help keep us up / continually improving, or with the injection of money, we buy them and it''s a slightly shorter route, to the same target?

The goal maybe the same end but the journey appeals to me more. I''d much rather watch young players in the academy teams than seeing the same money going directly into player''s sky rockets. What do others enjoy most about those millions of the PL Holy Grail? How about you Greavsy? Do you enjoy imagining what Mulumbu, Naismith and Hooper are buying every week?

I''m quite sure that Norwich has an unwanted Premier League statistic: - Highest placed team in the table at Christmas (3rd?) to be relegated same season.

[quote user="K Lo"]I''m quite sure that Norwich has an unwanted Premier League statistic: - Highest placed team in the table at Christmas (3rd?) to be relegated same season.[/quote]I don''t think it was as high as 3rd... 8th I think, or perhaps a bit below

The goal is to be as successful as we can be, unfortunately in this modern day, success is also measured by how quickly it''s achieved. Modern society I''m afraid.

Nice to do it with ''one of our own'' but it''s not always possible, and when we stumble the teams enjoying success at that time would swoop for our jewels. That''s football I''m afraid.

Don''t lose any sleep thinking about what current or ex players are spending their money on, I have no influence on that, and it''s none of my business.

I''m just grateful that we have achieved enough success to be able to move in those circles, although that luxury appears to be coming to an end.

But what do you get out of it Greavsy? This discussion came about because Horse stated that if it wasn''t for the money in the PL he''d be glad to be out of it. As I said, I get his point but don''t really see how he profits from that money. I don''t see how you do either Greavsy. Is it the love of money even when it''s someone else''s? Or is it the inner football manager inside you that gets pleasure from expensive footballers earning fortunes?

Like I said, for me watching players in academy teams and seeing them progress and play for the first team is a pleasure. I enjoyed seeing Korey play for Bristol yesterday. Not in the same way as when he played for us but it was added interest and enjoyment at the game.

I enjoy watching my local team strive to be as successful as they can be and playing attractive entertaining football into the bargain (which isn''t happening ATM, but I accept we are in transition, and hopefully starting for gel)

As I''ve stated before, I have no feelings about other people''s money as I have no control over that, be it footballers or otherwise.

I hope that answers your questions Eddie? Happy to oblige.

Greavsy. Watching your local team strive to be as successful as they can while playing entertaining football is not the point being discussed with horse. It''s not exclusive to spending fortunes on players and their wages. It can equally be the aim investing in our academy. My point was that I''d rather see that for the money as as I''d get more out of it. I still don''t see what you get out of the shorter route. I suspect you don''t get anything at all.

You are right about us not having that now. Supporters are being patient. I rather suspect that patience comes from seeing players brought to build a team for the future rather than your shorter route. I know that''s true for me.

On the subject of players "bought to build a team", fans patience as regards watching such, and judicious expenditure, all wrapped up in an unwanted statistic, how about this one from the BBC;
"[Nathan] Redmond has had 21 shots on goal in six Premier League games, with only Massimo Coda of Serie A newcomers Benevento having more attempts (23) without scoring in Europe''s top five leagues."
Lot of patience needed just now if you''re a Saints fan ............