Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

3 Days left for Worthy

Thats it,come monday lunchtime after our dismal away performance & result at the scum on sunday, i can see a press conference being held reguarding the resignation of Worthy. Hooooooooobloodyraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Sorry, TwoSheds, I reckon you''re wrong there.

We''ll win on Sunday, then we''ll go back to our old ways and underperform for the next 6 games leaving us back in this position again.

Then he''ll have to go, but it will also be too late to salvage automatic promotion.

God, I''m morbid today, bu that''s just how I think it''ll turn out. Please let me be wrong...

I think you are probably right but I have to say that it will be an event for regret not celebration.

There is no doubt that Worthy has got himself in a fix that he can''t find the way out of but in addition to all he has done for the club over the last five years, he is a decent man who has tried his best.  He seems to me to have no alternative but to go but he deserves to go with dignity,respect and sadness not crowing

I really cannot see even a hefty defeat on sunday being enough to get the board to sack worthy.  

The have ony just given him funds to get two loan players in and they will surely give him 3-5 games to see if these players have an impact.  

3 consecutive defeats starting Sunday may be enough but that is a minimum as far as this board is concerned - that would also have given him 12 games at the start of the season..

I am sticking to my 10 game promise and my verdict will follow after that point - in the meantime itis in worthys own hands to turn things around.

OTBC

I want us to win more than anyone on this board. I dont think we will, i hope im wrong. ipswich are having a mediocre season by their standards, and realise the only thing to lighten the gloom would be beating us. and also realise they have a fantastic chance against a side in comlete chaos. they are sharpening their teeth and are in my opinion odds on to win easily. Given the spineless nature of our team, they will probably fold at the first sign of pressure, and it aint gonna be pretty. Anyone hoping for a precipitous result to bring about wortjingtons downfall however, is deluding themselves. It will all make for a very uncomfortable evening for all concerned on tuesday night, when many people will use the league cup tie to vent their fury on board, manager and players alike.

I haven''t seen Ipswich play but I have seen us several times this season and I can''t back us to win. In fact I can''t say that we will beat Northampton such is my despair at the lack of cohesion in this team.

If we lose both matches the pressure will be huge, but I can''t see Worthy being sacked or resigning unless we fail to win any of the following four games or so.

This is not a hire and fire Board so they will give it as long as they can. The danger is that the odd narrow win here or there will keep us around 18th/19th place and may just keep him hanging on.

Alternatively he might miraculously turn things around and we''ll start shooting up the league. Just spotted another pig flying past my window, so anything''s possible.

In the scheme of things, Sunday''s result (if it goes against us) will not be the end of the affair between the board and Nige...I think that if we lose, it will start to put the cat amongst the pigeons though - not least because of the backlash from the fans.    If we were to follow up a poor performance on Sunday with defeat in the cup then things will be looking distinctly bleak for our dearly beloved....

Poor old Worthy who''d be a football manager could any of us on this board do a better job i dont think so. So lets stop whining and get behind the team If you want to watch boring football and win 1-0 every weekend theres always chelski?

But if you want a roller coaster theres always city its been like that ever since a can remember. good, bad, rain, or shine i wont be shouting for worthys head just yet i will leave that to you people the best suppporters in the world

the only way worthy will be gone is:

a) we get relegated

b) he resigns (this being the most UNlikely)

c) we do not finish in the top half of the table*

*if we do not get promoted i can see our stupid board keeping him, its all to cosy up there, are board is full of yes men.....