Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Mario Vrancic

A player with obvious quality who has struggled while adapting to a new league/team/country.

Hopefully last night will have given him that bit of confidence to kick on this season but luckily Norwich have a bit of depth in the squad that they aren''t reliant on him.

Personally was a bit of a fan before he came to Norwich, he always stood out in his teams in Germany (although those were usually pretty average teams). He is yet to show that quality yet consistently for Norwich, although his assist was a thing of beauty, but hopefully it will come. He needs to speed up his actions and reduce the number of touches of the ball he wants a little. While Germany is the current ''home'' of high pressing football, there are still a lot of teams in the Bundesliga who will sit off opposing teams a little and give players that additional moment on the ball.

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]the most unconvincing player on the pitch on saturday.

wow, the bloke looked lost on the field!![/quote]Hitting the post he came the closest to scoring out of any of our other players. Should have scored you might say, but he had no time to adjust and had to hit an instant shot with his less favoured right foot. 

Vrancic has been ruled out of tomorrow''s game against Middlesbrough with a calf injury, according to today''s press conference. With Wes nursing a knock, it may be down to young Maddison for the creative midfield role.

Vrancic has obvious quality on the ball but I''m not quite sure where he fits in this current system.

I think he''s too lightweight to play in the central midfield two as he can''t really offer much cover to the defence.

He needs to much time and space in the number 10 role where he can be crowded out pretty simply. He also doesn''t really offer any support to the lone striker.

He gets a lot more time if he is moved out to the right of the attacking three but that then means we play quite narrow and that full back isn''t going to be worried at someone going past him.

Some of his passing is excellent when he has the time and his set piece delivery is the best in the team. I''m just not sure it is enough to find a spot for him week in week out.

[quote user="king canary"]Vrancic has obvious quality on the ball but I''m not quite sure where he fits in this current system.

I think he''s too lightweight to play in the central midfield two as he can''t really offer much cover to the defence.

He needs to much time and space in the number 10 role where he can be crowded out pretty simply. He also doesn''t really offer any support to the lone striker.

He gets a lot more time if he is moved out to the right of the attacking three but that then means we play quite narrow and that full back isn''t going to be worried at someone going past him.

Some of his passing is excellent when he has the time and his set piece delivery is the best in the team. I''m just not sure it is enough to find a spot for him week in week out.[/quote]

Spot on.