Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Mario Vrancic

He has good awareness of where his colleagues are and his passes are usually normally weighted nicely.

But he is very one-paced and that pace isn''t fast.

Hard to know where he fits in. You would probably say we have a better player for any of the positions he would likely play in.

We would have been a lot better if at at half time we too Vrancic off and put Wildschut on the right, moving Hoolahan into the middle

I''m my really sure what he offers

Why Vrancic played the full game is beyond me!

Wildshut should of played instead of him giving us some width on the right something we badly missed!

Yes he can put a few passes together but his complete lack of energy, low tempo and fight completely cancels any good passes he does and in summary makes him a liability at this level!

Like I heard a guy say on the way out - "show pony"!

Wish we would go with 2 wingers. Not Hoolahan out there and Vrancic in the middle.

Vrancic has been poor, don''t see what he''s offered more than Maddison tbh.

Sadly one of our better players last night, but certainly has a slow languid style that isn''t going to endear him to the Carrow faithful.

Very consistent corner delivery and some nice passing, one beautiful cross to the back stick. Definitely not the poorest player out there.

Huge potential to take the boo-boy crown when Russ Martin isn''t on the pitch.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Would like to see him played deeper than he is, although I suppose that could create a whole new bunch of problems.[/quote]really?  the whole bloody team played deep last night

He is very good at one thing, which is picking a pass. Outside of that he doesn''t offer a great deal and needs a couple of touches on the ball everytime which inevitably slows our play down.

To be fair though King Canary, I felt he was always looking to move the ball on quickly, but there was rarely any viable option.

Not surprising when you''re playing Tettey and Trybull alongside him. Curious line up last night.

He has an ability to play killer passes and he is technically good but his all round game is not strong enough. Should not be playing centrally ahead of Wes and should not be starting ahead of Maddison.

Very good passer of the ball and as already said they always seem to be weighted perfectly. He seems to have an eye for a killer pass where others wouldnt. His set piece delivery is also excellent.

But his work rate is pretty limited, never plays above a jogging speed and is bullied off the ball in some games.

He''s a good player but no more than that

I guess that''s what you get for the money. We try and convince ourselves also that Stiepermann and Trybull are good but the reality is probably more that we are pleased they are not utterly sh*t and look vaguely competent. The prospect of a while team of Cheap Germans in a year or sos time once we flogged off anyone else we can get a fee for is not pleasing.

Several people seemed to raving about him a few games ago - but last night all but confirmed my doubts.

Void of any real attributes to play on the wing. He''s lacking in work rate, doesn''t possess any pace, rarely gets stuck into a challenge, and he can''t drive forward with the ball.

Void of most attributes to play "in the hole". He doesn''t show enough creativity (one decent through ball every 4 games doesn''t make you David Silva) and his lack of work rate means he spends 90% of his time completely out of the game.

These attributes (or lack of) will leave him found wanting in any midfield role, in any Championship side.

Can deliver a consistently average corner, but that''s about it.

@Ian

I wasn''t there last night but it certainly sounded like we were pretty static and it seemed to happen against Birmingham too. Not sure if this is due to managerial instructions.

Bit harsh on Stiepermann and Trybull. They look very decent! I see your point but I don''t have any other major qualms with the starting players in the last 2 games other than Mario ''The Jogger'' Vrancic

Interesting nu_matik. As you like Trybull, I assume you think he had a better game, and/or more influence on play, than Vrancic last night?

Vrančič might look good in a match where the opposition stand off and admire his passes but in the Championship, no. Far too languid. Also his work rate, a major requirement at our level, is hopeless.

Against a side like Burton who everyman & his dog knew where coming to defend & stifle we needed to start fast with a good tempo to the game. Instead we had 5 minutes of passing the ball in our own half at a pace even I could have coped with. The substitutes should have been on just after half time in particular Yanic as he had the one thing to worry Burton pace. They clearly worried about him as they changed their full back as soon as he came on.

Just as an aside, I wonder what the reaction would have been if Cam had blazed the chance Nelson had in the first half nearly hitting the Snakepit.

Agree with that tiger. Vrancic should only be played when we have genuinely width in the side, and if he is going to be picked he needs to work harder (fitness related?).

Last night was tactically poor, too static, changes not made early enough, and too many players had an off game. Lost track of the number of times Pinto had a decent opportunity to bring the ball down in an advanced area, but mis-controlled. Oliveira unbelievably poor with his distance shooting too.

A night to forget, but back to back clean sheets was unexpected after Millwall.

[quote user="Ian"]Sadly one of our better players last night, but certainly has a slow languid style that isn''t going to endear him to the Carrow faithful.

Very consistent corner delivery and some nice passing, one beautiful cross to the back stick. Definitely not the poorest player out there.

Huge potential to take the boo-boy crown when Russ Martin isn''t on the pitch.[/quote]

I am amazed you thought him one of our better players last night. To me he was totally anonymous. I would say he was negatively poor, as in did nothing. Whereas some other were positively poor, in they tried but things didn''t come off. Would always rather have that player. Nothing to do with the languid style but a side like City at present cannot carry passengers.

Vrancic was very consistent with corners, and sprayed a few nice passes around - a few very well measured cross-field balls, which resulted in us hitting the post (I think) and almost getting in on the right but for Pinto''s atrocious control last night. He also kept hold of the ball, kept it ticking over, and I don''t think was ever caught in possession.

I guess it depends on your definition of did nothing; did he run at the defence - no, he''s obviously not that sort of player. Was he invariably involved with our few decent passages of play; I think so.

The fact he was one of our better players last night isn''t really a good thing. I don''t think he had a particularly good game; but I think Tettey, Murphy, Oliveira, Pinto and even Hoolahan were well below par.

You can talk about positively/negatively poor if you like, but it''s clear the manager wants to dominate possession. To be honest, I would rather that, and build up some pressure against defensive teams, than shank the ball into row Z repeatedly, like Oliveira and Murphy last night.

I agree with you Ian. His languid style is not likely to endear him to some fans who read too much into body language. Many of our most incisive moments in the games came through Vrancic, with some very good weighted balls. Trouble is, after being caught so badly on the break vs Sunderland, we perhaps over-compensated and did not have enough forward options at times.