Sign in to follow this  
pete

Without Steip maybe 3 at the back?

Time for Hanley debut perhaps on left with Klose central or vice versa. Zimm to operate on right. Ivo and Husband wing backs. Husband has looked in few minutes cameos recently a better prospect not the pace of Steip though. Two DM''s a No 10 Maddison and Watkins and Jerome up top. Can be changed late in 2nd half to more attacking system provided goalless.

Dreaming

I just posted this in another thread, with Hanley itching to play it wouldn''t be the worst idea in the world.

Something along the liens of;

Gunn

Zimm Hanley Klose

Pinto Trybull Maddison Tettey Husband

Murphy

Jerome

It''s a shame that the back 4 (5 with Gunn) looks like its going to need to change after 4 clean sheets.

I like AJ''s side - especially away from home. We need to protect Husband though with Traore back from his suspension, so he might put Reed in there as well alongside Trybull and Tettey - ultra defensive.

Another 0-0 would be a good result.

Yes, a real pity about Steip who''s looked excellent.

What worries me about going 3 at the back is we haven''t looked very comfortable playing it, with Husband especially not looking sure about what he was meant to do as a wing back but others not really looking clear about what they''re doing.

I think if we played Husband as a traditional LB with Watkins on the left in front of him, and Pinto/Wildschut on the other flank with a traditional 4-4-2, 2xDMs and Maddison playing behind Jerome, that would be better.  & we''d have Josh on the bench to come on and run at them towards the end if necessary.

Unless I''ve suggested anyone who''s injured, sorry if so...

Unless you''re used to playing a back three, it too often becomes a back five when the wing backs drop deep. Then you get stretched and outnumbered in midfield.

I think Farke will just go with a straight swap with Husband stepping in. Hopefully Trybull and Tettey will provide enough protection in front for it not to be too much of a problem. But we will see.

Yep, keep the 442. Middlesbro away is not the place to experiment again with a system that failed and leaked goals just a few weeks back. Could undo all the confidence gained.