Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Scotland squad

Martin and Naismith both left out due to not playing rather than injuries according to BBC website, is this the end of their international careers as can’t see them getting back into our team anytime soon

They''re both 31, and neither look like they''re going to feature much for us any time soon. I''d be surprised if either of them play for Scotland again, especially as they''re unlikely to qualify for the World Cup and will thus be looking towards 2020.

Think it is more likely that Martin gets games than Naismith. In this formation his best position is number 10 and Farke has played Wes, Maddison and now Vrancic there.

I''d say relatively unlikely, unless Pinto gets injured and Russ plays RB. Zimmermann, Klose and Hanley are all ahead of him, and possibly Franke too... plus Raggett in January.As for Naisy, he can play anywhere across midfield, but there are tons of players ahead of him and Pritchard will be back before long too. Don''t see either of them getting a significant run of starts unless we have a major injury crisis.

Can he play anywhere across midfield?

I think it''s more a case of "doing a job" - like many other players can.

Well we certainly benefited with those that stayed here last international break - can only be a good thing.

As far as Raggett is concerned I suspect, that with Hanley and our current robustness, he will see the season out at Lincoln.

Martin''s deemed fit enough to play the u23 game.

Raggett, you would probably want him here to train with the squad and get up to speed with our tactics and everything Norwich City, etc even if he doesn''t get much game time this season, he will be ready for next.

[quote user="GJP"]Can he play anywhere across midfield?

I think it''s more a case of "doing a job" - like many other players can.[/quote]Yes, fair point.