Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Midweek Presser

Wes crocked

Steipermann crocked

Vrancic crocked

Naismith crocked

Martin is no longer crocked, and will play with the Dev squad in Reading

Oliveira is still a bit crocked, but should be on the bench if he''s able to train.

Lewis, Pritchard, Thompson and Jarvis, still crocked.

Biggest concern for me is Steipermann.

We have options in terms of going more defensive (Husband) or attacking (Murphy) depending who else plays with him on that side.

A left side of Husband & Murphy doesn''t fill me with much confidence defensively at the minute

With Hanley itching to play, we could go 3 at the back with Husband LWB and Pinto RWB. That''d give Jerome more support with Wes out we could play Murphy on a free role up front with him

Yep, think we''ll see a return to three at the back for that game.

We''ve certainly been erm...for the sake of the Pink Un filter let''s call it unfortunate this year haven''t we?

I almost dread loading this site up at times because it seems bad news is always round the corner. Waiting for Klose, Gunn, Pinto and Jerome to all get injured next

Why so many injuries this season. After all none of these lads get stuck in like Nobby Stiles and he hardly ever missed a match.

Could be that they were worked a bit too hard in pre-season, perhaps? We know that Farke pushed them.Either way, three at the back sounds logical for this one – don''t trust Husband as a full-back, particularly against his former club, so I might be tempted to put Wildschut there – he''s fast and direct, and along with Pinto would give us excellent counter-attacking possibilities. I''d go with Zimmermann, Hanley and Klose at the back, Pinto and Wildschut as wingbacks, Tettey, Trybull and Reed in the middle, with Maddison just off Cam. Gives us defensive solidity, pace on the flanks, steel in the middle and creativity in the 10 role (and Trybull can also pick a pass from deeper). This also gives us Murphy''s pace (and hopefully a bit of Oliveira) off the bench against tiring legs.

Hmm, don''t think many of these are linked to training though;

Maddison - knock in match

Wes - knock in match

Vrancic - knock in match

Steipermann - knock in match

Naismith - I''m not sure how the injury was sustained

Martin - injured since start of season playing through the pain

Oliveira - not sure on original injury

Lewis, Pritchard, Klose have all been knocks from pre-season games.

Jarvis and Thompson are long term so can''t really include those

Apologies, next week it will be officially titled Midweek Press Conference ;)

I think oliveiras was also picked up during a game, second half v Burton. I dont think he had warmed up properly tbh.

The fact that they are in match injuries may be a red herring too; too much training could be behind the reason for the in match injuries too.

We have a decent squad and hopefully players wanting to take their chance. As long as they are not long term injuries...