Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Middlesborough Match Thread

GunnPinto   Zimmermann Klose  Husband               Tettey   Trybull     Wildschut   Maddison Watkins                        Jerome                

Stiepermann will be badly missed. I can see Boro targeting Husband.  Slightly surprised Murphy doesn''t even make the bench. Having both Hanley and Franke as subs seems like overkill.

Had a devastatingly sh1t5 day that''s turned my world upside down. Tends to snowball with me till I break. Expect a massive loss.

Any kind of result tonight would give me something good to cling onto, so it won''t happen. Almost tempted to bet a huge amount on Boro, we might get a draw then!

IMO that''s not too bad an XI - Stiepermann apart I''m not sure the injuries have influenced anything. Yanic is on form; Vrancic wasn''t quite at the races on Saturday so Maddison coming in is ok; Tettey for Reed is fine; the weakest element is perhaps Husband but he''ll want to show his worth. It isn''t a great hunting ground for us but hopefully we''ll get something out of tonight.

Where is Josh Murphy? Have I missed something or his he injured? Must be injured or we wouldn''t have 2 CB''s on the bench

Also surprised Murphy isn''t on the bench. Think just a bit of impulse has gone out of his game and decision making. Sure I felt a bit frustrate by him a few times on Saturday. That pass to Vrancic when he broke in the 1st half really wasn''t the most difficult of balls to play. Just thought a touch too long (his head kept turning to the left) rather than play it instinctively. He would have seen Vrancic''s run with one glance from the corner of his eye. A confidence issue as well as our set-up currently limiting some of the options for a final ball. Pity he''s not an option from the bench instead of one of the CBs. I think sometimes there can be a little less pressure coming on for a shorter time for someone whose been below par when starting, and can provide a renewed perspective compared with starting.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Had a devastatingly sh1t5 day that''s turned my world upside down. Tends to snowball with me till I break. Expect a massive loss.

Any kind of result tonight would give me something good to cling onto, so it won''t happen. Almost tempted to bet a huge amount on Boro, we might get a draw then![/quote]

Chin up HR. Hopefully city can make it a little easier for you. Never nice, but life sure does throw massive curve balls from time to time.

[quote user="kick it off"]Boro fans are a whiny bunch. Crying at the ref every time we make a tackle even when ball is clearly won. Pathetic.[/quote]Never seen anything like that at Carrow Road,

I hope we cynically waste the entire game in the most pathetic fashion now, like they did to us at Carrow Road in Wembley season.