Sign in to follow this  
Slim

4-3-2-1

How about this for the formation/team against the scum?

Green
Colin Shacks Davenport Drury
Marney Safri Brennan
Hucks McVeigh
Ashton

I remember this formation working well last season.

Any thoughts?

I do remember it winning the game against Bolton. We''ve still got a stiker who can head the ball fairly well with Ashton in place of Svensson and Marney takes the place of Bentley. It could work but why risk changing the line up so much when you know Worthy will drop it within 2 or 3 games. I''ll agree that we had some good performances with it during the winter of last season with the games against Tottenham and Liverpool springing immediately to mind, although the results weren''t quite what we needed.

[quote]I do remember it winning the game against Bolton. We''ve still got a stiker who can head the ball fairly well with Ashton in place of Svensson and Marney takes the place of Bentley. It could work but w...[/quote]

The bolton game was more 4-2-3-1 with Jonson, Hux and Bentley sitting behind Svenson.  Its the formation portugal used in the euros and 1 I am a fan of.

I am not sure we have enough pace to play that formation now and sven was far better as the loan striker than ashton, who is best when he has a player close to him as a partner. 

Perhaps Hughes and safri as the two, marney Hux and Mcveigh sitting off Ashton?

Hell, at the moment anything is worth a go...

OTBC