Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Ipswich tickets

Why not give us that whole stand - it would easily be filled.They won''t sell out so it would be easier to police, more gate money and more drink/food sales.The stand used for the away fans is the Wally Cobblers stand (named after a local drunk, I think) and holds around 5/6000  So given theat the farmhands will be about 4,000 or more short of their capacity it would make sense to allow City to have the whole stand

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Noticed only oldies over 65 get a discount now. [/quote]That is fine with me Graham. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Noticed only oldies over 65 get a discount now. [/quote]That is fine with me Graham. [:D][/quote]Well Methuselah it''s only fair that there should be some compensation for our old folk.....[:D]

How many empty seats will there be this time.It is on TV, they will be running scared as beforeTurf out whatever farmhands are sat in the Wally Cobblers stand and fill it up with City fans - everyone wins with more money for the paupers into the bargain

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Noticed only oldies over 65 get a discount now. Are they skint or something ?[/quote]As long as you buy yours from the ticket office so they can see you, they won''t query it. [:D]

[quote user="Diane"]They are only giving us 2000 tickets[/quote]The trouble is Diane if they were to up our allocation they then demand we give them the same for the game at Carrow Road. That obviously cannot happen due to us having such a high season ticket uptake.

The main reason I''m reliably informed is because if they gave us 3000 they would have to move 1000 st holders from the centre prime seats in the Cobbold Stand. We used to get 250 in the lower tier but that was changed to a disabled stand several years ago.

But you have a point Tilly, even if they could give us more we''d have to replicate

I emailed itfc last year, regarding the ticket allocation and querying why we didn''t get more, as there was lots of empty seats. Their reply is below, I assume the same applies for this season.

Thank you for your email

Following lengthy discussions between the Ipswich Town, Suffolk Police and the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), a decision was taken to amend the standard area of seating allocated to the visiting club and the area of segregation between home and visiting supporters. This was required in order for Ipswich Town to receive the necessary written Safety Certificate in order for the match to be played.

This meant that the Lower Tier Family Seating previously made available to visiting supporters was restricted in sales, to only those away fans registered as disabled. I can assure you that the same overall allocation was provided as in previous years, with the number usually housed in the Lower Tier being made available in the Upper Tier following the relocation of Ipswich Town Season Ticket Holders usually located in the same area.

The allocation provided was limited to the League minimum requirement and as part of the Safety Certificate we were unable to provide a larger allocation to the visiting club. A further part of this same written agreement, stated that we would be required to limit our sales to registered Ipswich Town supporters, who had purchased any home match tickets (excluding Norwich) with the last 10 seasons, to minimise the risk of visiting supporters purchasing match tickets within home areas.

The total allocation provided and the restriction on home area sales were the same protocols as have been used for a number of years, with matches that are deemed to be of higher risk by the Club, Police and SAG.

I fully appreciate what they are saying and understand that they are bound by regulations beyond their control.However with a gate of 14,000 home fans at their last game I would suggest that there is plenty of room for them to move the farm hands out of the Wally Cobbold stand all together.I''m sure that would be much easier and cheaper to police. It should guarantee and full house and give them extra gate money.If they then copied City''s lead and made sure there was enough staff on the food and drink counters they would be quids in.Imagine a young binner seeing his ground full up for the first time .... since we were there in 2015.What an atmosphere that would be, one whole stand full of City fans as at Orient some years back

Greavsy - Thats exactly what I was told by a friend who works there, 2000 is the min they have to give us and the lower tier is for disabled people only. They move 100 st holders to give us 2000 tickets

City 1st - doesnt matter that they only get 15k/16k gates, they will get 27k for this game as they did Feb 2017

[quote user="Diane"]

City 1st - doesnt matter that they only get 15k/16k gates, they will get 27k for this game as they did Feb 2017[/quote]Which means around 4000 empty seatsgiven us the whole of the Wally Cobblers stand would mean an extra 3/4000 City fans - full houseand if you subtract the away fans then it is nearer 14,000

Because the rest of the Cobbold Stand are season ticket holders, are you suggesting they write to 3000 at holders and move them all elsewhere, just so we can have 5000 tickets

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Go on sale from Monday 25th starting at 1300 points.Noticed only oldies over 65 get a discount now. Are they skint or something ?[/quote]Scum match tickets and train tickets in my hand by 10am this morning. Bring it on and only £22 for us old coffin dodgers Smithy. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Go on sale from Monday 25th starting at 1300 points.Noticed only oldies over 65 get a discount now. Are they skint or something ?[/quote]Scum match tickets and train tickets in my hand by 10am this morning. Bring it on and only £22 for us old coffin dodgers Smithy. [:D][/quote]Good to see you having a chortle Tilly.I won''t mention that last time we were there someone paid full price as they didn''t realise the concession was for over-60''s not 65''s ! [:D]

[quote user="Diane"]Because the rest of the Cobbold Stand are season ticket holders, are you suggesting they write to 3000 at holders and move them all elsewhere, just so we can have 5000 tickets[/quote]yes

Rather strange that Berkules is trying to get more ticket revenue plus food and drink money for the Scum. As has been stated they are fulfilling their requirements under the ground safety certificate but still he bangs on.

Or maybe it is a gentle wind up knowing that some excitable farm hands will repeat this on twtd, outraged that City fans are demanding the whole of one stand claiming that there is not enough town fans to fill itI did think that even you, inspector knacher of the yard would have twigged thatperhaps I over estimate your intelligence

The only person i see '' demanding the whole of one stand '' is you Berkules and how modest of you to think that TWTD is hanging on your every word that you post on the matter.

oh dearAll I can say is that previous efforts like this have been represented as City fansAs to  ''TWTD is hanging on your every word ''   that is you making up stuff,  I never said that(you must remember that you are not writing out witness statements now)

[quote user="Hercules Parrot"]oh dearAll I can say is that previous efforts like this have been represented as City fansAs to  ''TWTD is hanging on your every word ''   that is you making up stuff,  I never said that(you must remember that you are not writing out witness statements now)[/quote][:D]( sorry Tilly I couldn''t help myself.... )

[quote user="Hercules Parrot"]Or maybe it is a gentle wind up knowing that some excitable farm hands will repeat this on twtd, outraged that City fans are demanding the whole of one stand claiming that there is not enough town fans to fill itI did think that even you, inspector knacher of the yard would have twigged thatperhaps I over estimate your intelligence[/quote]Ah i see you are only hoping that they will hang on your every word. Glad you cleared that up Bercules.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hercules Parrot"]Or maybe it is a gentle wind up knowing that some excitable farm hands will repeat this on twtd, outraged that City fans are demanding the whole of one stand claiming that there is not enough town fans to fill itI did think that even you, inspector knacker of the yard would have twigged thatperhaps I over estimate your intelligence[/quote]Ah i see you are only hoping that they will hang on your every word. Glad you cleared that up Bercules.[/quote]oh dearthe words know and hope have different meaningsthe thought concerns those putting it up on twtdnot those on twtd who might read it

(not so much Clouseau, as haven''t a clue so)

They seem to think you''re an idiot on twtd Hercules Parrot (City1st ) so guess Norwich fans and Ipswich have finally agreed on something ha ha

[quote user="Diane"]They seem to think you''re an idiot on twtd Hercules Parrot (City1st ) so guess Norwich fans and Ipswich have finally agreed on something ha ha[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Diane"]They seem to think you''re an idiot on twtd Hercules Parrot (City1st ) so guess Norwich fans and Ipswich have finally agreed on something ha ha[/quote]oh dearperhaps''the ''game'' was blown by having to spell it out to Clouseau on herenever mind