Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Well Done Celtic

3 nil away to Anderlecht. Good on them and maybe a Europa league spot is possible. Also with wolves and wednesday losing what a great round of Championship games!

That win at Sheffield Utd looks even better considering their results since. 
I also take heart from the fact that we''ve played our away games at Fulham, Villa and Middlesbrough where the expected return is always no points and we''ve picked up four!

who cares about Scottish teams

I still resent that some websites have it before the championship on the listings

more interest in non league football

I take little interest in these Euro competitions until it''s really down to the last four. Even then it only becomes marginally intense when a home team is involved, even if that team might be Celtic.

Does anybody apart from the partisan? I realise I am not a superfan, and prefer a game of cricket in any case, but surely the importance of this competition is over-blown within the game.

Exclusive to the point of irrelevance to the minions who support the other eighty odd clubs.

That it is one cause of the intensity of high finance, transfer fees and wages within the game to the extent that home competitions virtually take second place for the big boys now seems out of sinc. with the interests of the average fan who''s club would in all probability never ever participate in it in any case and who probably would much rather watch their own team''s under-23 team on a wet Wednesday night than Manchester City playing Pissalonika AFC, the Greek champions, on BT (or wherever it is shown nowadays.) Besides there might be a repeat of ''8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown'' on Dave in any case.

Of course I am wrong about this, but convince me please. It might take some doing even though Harry Kane (ex-Canary, btw.) is always worth watching.