Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Senior players taking responsibility

with actions rather than words.

That''s what really pleases me about this current run. The total commitment out there on the pitch is a million miles away from some of the pathetic away capitulations of recent seasons. Players putting their body on the line and defending properly.

Well done to Farke for identifying the players to do this and getting them to step up to the plate. Klose and Tettey relishing their roles as senior players in the side. Pinto excelling as captain. Everyone else chipping in and doing their bit.

As you watch it you realise that we really did not have genuine leaders out there before. The likes of Howson went missing too often when our backs were against the wall and as for Martin and Naismith I don''t think anything else needs to be said when you look at the massive improvement since he has not been involved.

Pleasing to see the senior players getting so stuck in and helping those around them, made a big difference

Well at least while we''re winning games there''s still players to hate. It''s interesting that after a record 5 clean sheets the threads at the top of the board have managed to find other negatives. It''s what floats your boats ain''t it[;)]

The return of Klose and Tettey to the starting lineup has had a significant impact. But then so has the introduction of Trybull.

Even then that''s still only three players. To have had such a significant transformation - and five consecutive clean sheets is just that - has taken all the players to raise their game. But you could argue that the return of Klose and Tettey has been the catalyst.

I still maintain we shouldn''t get too carried away. It wasn''t so long ago that many of the same players players were losing heavily to Millwall. But by all means give credit where it''s due.

You know I agree with that Pete but I honestly think you''re worrying over nothing. There''s no chance of posters getting carried away with this short run of success. 
And it''s not as though anyone got carried away about the earlier heavy defeats either. People weren''t writing off German fourth division signings or anything. Or suggesting we should change the head coach already. No we''re  a level headed lot on here throughout the ups and downs.