Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

New captain

[quote user="king canary"]The flip side is that it does feel like some dug their heels in so hard on the Martin thing that they refuse to admit being wrong.

Sure the change in formation and the extra screening has helped but Klose has been a huge improvement on Martin and seems to have had a positive effect on Zimmerman.[/quote]You have a point, but I feel it''s the OTT demonisation of a single player, that hasn''t really let club down, (and comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke) that has lead to people digging their heels in, like protecting one of their own. Personally, if the club had invested in the defence, he would have been a back up player from the beginning of last season at least, but they didn''t and he always made himself available.

There’s no glee, just satisfaction. I’ve only ever wanted what is best for the team, Martin should have been shelved as a first choice defender since our promotion at Wembley. I’m not blaming him, he clearly trained hard to get selected, but he was a choice made from a very average bunch. The club is to blame for not investing in defenders when it was clearly what we needed. Our investment in midfielders has been excessive to say the least.

A loyal servant, well yes, but he’s been handsomely rewarded for it financially.