Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Reading match thread -

Another good win. Looked solid aside from the sloppy defending from Jerome losing his man on the free kick. More than made amends with his goal though - what a delivery that was from Madders, and the header was a bullet.
Another hard-fought 3 points - and the scum lost and were abjectly miserable which is always a plus. Roll on Derby day.

Yeah...I was impressed by game management and happy for Jerome after his defensive mistake and the fact that he needed goals.

There seems a quiet steeliness and confidence with Farke at the moment. As if he knows what to do and how to do it. Seems to have come through to the players who looked pretty calm and assured apart from times late on in first half where I thought for about 10 mins we lost shape and look3d edgy. Excellent away performance. Great run of results, who would have thought this after the Muddle of Millwall?

We look a very, very, very good team away from home. It''s refreshing to watch us with genuine belief that we aren''t going to concede easily.

Also extremely impressed with how well the players know their roles, and our game management, which has been superb.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Another good result on the road, shame about the red card, did not see the game, was it deserved?.....[/quote]

Yup, it was a wild tackle leading with studs.[/quote]Must be the first for Watkins.....nearly p*ssed himself before he came on then s*it himself as the ref reached for the card [:D]

I was impressed by our play tonight. It was possession with purpose and the one touch play in some tricky situations was excellent. The defence looked solid even though their goal was poor and I thought Husband was very good despite all the abuse the experts on here have given him.

Five clean sheets in six, three league away wins on the trot and 14 points from the last six games allows to go into the international break in great spirits. Let''s hope we make it four away wins when we go to Poorman Road.

So many plus points today! Really am beginning to think we could end up with a memorable season after all.

Can''t speak highly enough of Farke. He''s identified our weakness and turned it into our strength. With Maddison getting better as the games go by and Pritchard and Nelson to add to the attacking mix things are starting to look very promising

In the 2nd half J Husband had much more help defending, having said that He did ok, not yet at Ollllssssennns clas but seens to be settling. Great, tidy, structured win, i never felt we''d concede a second, a much easier game to enjoy than many last season. First win at Reading for a long time too, Farke in a Parka has laid down his marker. Long may it continue.

Worth remembering we are picking up these wins without a fit Oliviera and Pritchard - two of our better players!

Zimmerman was immense, watched game with Arsenal fan, who reckons we will win at the Emirates playing like that. Currently the most relaxed ive felt in years. It''s coming together

In the post match interview, when speaking about the Ref I think that''s the first time i''ve ever seen Farke look away and up at the sky in either disbelief or if trying to hide his true feelings about the guy.

I thought he was pretty much what you''d expect from a Championship referee. Bad but not obviously biased or totally unfit for the job. Did anyone else think he was really that awful?

Anyway, what a win! Things feel like they''re almost going too well! Wins, signings settling in and looking extremely good value, players working hard, we''re well organised, defence sorted, scoring great goals, competent with set pieces, making great decisions on the pitch etc. I can''t be alone in wondering what''s the catch? :P

"Worth remembering we are picking up these wins without a fit Oliviera and Pritchard - two of our better players!"

Add Hanley to that list. A top central defender who cannot even make his debut now.

Madisson had to be MoM, but Zimmermann was all there as well.

What a find!

The ref got our red card right but the issue was with the two Reading players already on yellows who got away with multiple fouls after them. There was also a lot of inconsistency- for instance there was a really obvious foul on Tettey that he seemed to play advantage for all of one second.

The sky commentators highlighted how lucky Reading were to still have 11 on the pitch. Combine that with the weird situation with the substitution and he didn''t really seem to have much control of the game.

He wasn''t awful but if Reading had grabbed a late point I think we''d have a good reason to moan at him.