Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Reading match thread -

Poor refereeing. Lots of niggly fouls given but bottling giving a 2nd yellow when the offence is as bad, if not worse than the first.

In this run we have beat...

Last seasons League One champions

This seasons Championship favourites

Last seasons Play Off finalists

All away from home. Makes impressive reading!

3 of the next 4 at home as well.

A great 3 points.......Husband looks as though he is settling in after a year or two not playing first team football, many will have to rethink their initial rash opinions on him and look for another scapegoat.

Spot on Red Rufus. I said it at the time that whilst he started poorly he has ability and had proven that at Fulham. Really pleased for him.

Another great 3 points. Our ability to see out games is top notch at the moment.

[quote user="unique"]First Norwich goal from a free-kick for 99 games!?!?!?

First goal Reading have scored this season in a first-half - we might have guessed where that record was going tonight....[/quote]Also first headed goal this season.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Ok so he got the red card right. Stupid challenge to make[/quote]Indeed, let''s not do these stupid unprofessional actions as they sure cost us last season.

Is it only me? I sit at home listening to these away games totally confident that we can actually hang on to a lead after many years of almost expecting to concede. We just need to rethink how we approach home games in order to get some wins.

Yup good game from Husband, and the whole defence really. Shame the clean sheet run has ended but otherwise the defence wasn''t troubled.

Zimmerman continues to impress. He always seems to be perfectly placed. Through balls he initially looks like he''ll struggle with, he then sticks out one of those long legs to hook the ball away.

Tettey and Trybull (is it pronounced Treebull as the commentator was saying all game?) gave good protection and let the 3 less physical mids create more than we''ve seen in the run so far. Quiet game from Wes and should have been subbed earlier but always puts a shift in. Really impressed by Maddison, lovely touches, control, vision and pressing. Quality quality free kick.

Really pleased for Jerome too, shown what he''s capable of as it wasn''t a simple header. Tireless display again capped off by a morale boosting goal.

Get in!

I thought our energy levels were down a bit tonight.

Husband looked good.

And Stam says we''re physical? They were absolutely filthy

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Another good result on the road, shame about the red card, did not see the game, was it deserved?.....[/quote]

Yup, it was a wild tackle leading with studs.

A very workmanlike performance, not pretty but effective, I thought Husband had a very good game considering he had no support in front of him from Murphy or Watkins, the red card was correct but what a stupid challenge to make by Watkins when they were going nowhere.

Man of match for me was Zimmerman, can’t remember him being beaten all night!

Very impressive.

I wouldn''t call that ''not pretty'', the Norwich players show a lot of confidence in possession and knocked it around tonight very effectively.

James Husband didn''t have a flawless game, but after the first few performances he is miles better than he was. Admittedly I was one who looked at his early form and wrote it off as collateral in this squad revamp, but then looking into it he''s only played a couple of games in a few years. Looks like he may not be so bad.I think for the most part we looked comfortable, which is certainly a compliment at this stage in proceedings; a lot of our players looked shaky and unsure early on but who would have picked Tom Trybull to cruise through games in the heart of our midfield? Or Zimmerman to vastly outshoot Marcel Franke and Grant Hanley thus far?It''s all looking good. Now just need to maintain what was built after the last international break.