Sign in to follow this  
JayNCFC

The Shake Up We Needed - We Stand For Something

This has probably been discussed to the hilt, but I thought I would take some time to put my own slant on it. As a season ticket holder now for well over 10 years I had always looked forward to going to Carrow Road through thick and thin, and the club was genuinely part of my very being, as we all know, it isn''t just a team, it is a part of your life. The sheer level of commitment and time you pour into your club means that to be a fan to that level, it has to be. What with work commitments and time getting more and more precious, I still had, and I believe will find time for our club and the tradition that I love so much. However, recently that love for the game and the team had waned, maybe just me, but something seemed to be missing, as a club, we didn''t stand for anything, or seem to be anything, we had lost our identity. That time of loosing something to stand for, made it really hard to be part of the club, it was just a fan going through the motions, alongside a club that was seemingly doing the same. When I think about the standout times, which for me is the Lambert era with Holt leading the line, we were about something. We had a philosophy, and a belief system, that we could bring players in, the "gems" as Lambert often called them, players who gave us their all on the pitch, and as fans we responded with backing them to the hilt. Which compared to now where any player puts a foot wrong, we are ready to pounce, something that I personally didn''t feel happened under Lambert. Why? I think because we trusted the system, and the process.Hughton, Adams, Neil (Irvine), a run from 7th June 2012 to 25th May 2017 - a five year period where as a club, I cannot think of what we stood for. We were never building anything, just dismantling what went before. Poor philosophy, Hughton and his win rate of c25% and dealings in the transfer market that mirrored the headless chicken approach to what we stood for left the club in a downward spiral. Sure, we had EPL football in that time, and a promotion season to boot, but the riches and potential slid through our fingers, a lot like the memories of the good times we had in getting there.I genuinely feel now, it is different, something is building. With Farke at the helm, and the boat mentality and a clear approach of bringing through the youth, I believe we stand for something again. The time is ripe for our next talisman to step up and for us all to believe in something and build something again. I am very positive that we are on another journey and once again, I have my love for the club back.

Do the times when the club looks to be struggling really mean you have lost your love for the club or are

you just being too unrealistic to expect that everything will be ok all the time? For me its swings and roundabouts. After the Grant/Roeder experiences, it seems to me the club has been hankering after building a regime that would stand the test of time.  The Gunn and Adams experiments to build something the Norwich way didn''t last long and in between we had Lambert, who was a one off, Hughton who was tasked to rebuiding from within the PL, largely on his own and Neil who looked promising to start with as a long term bet, but lost his way.  The latest change to the sporting director model seems to be the right one and Farke has come in to a club situation at the ideal time.  With the support of a sporting director and given a blank canvas - and importantly, not in the

pressure cooker of the PL - he has had the opportunity to build a squad almost from

scratch, keeping the gems and the fighters from the previous regime, bringing in the kind of players he wants and

getting rid of expensive players that had lost their way.   I get what you''re saying about the frustations and difficult times, but good times often come after periods of adversity - in football, perhaps more than in other things - so putting up with the difficult times is surely part of being a fan?