Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

Have we forgotten how to score?

We can all celebrate how well we are keeping the opposition out and how lovely is it to see some clean sheets for once but anyone that can stick up for the manager and the team for only scoring 2 goals in 5 league games has got to be having a laugh.

How can you as a fan accept 2 goals in 5 league games?

Do you think its a good return?

Would you rather we''d scored 7 and conceded 10?

It''s like things have been going too well since the international break, so everyone''s got to find something new to moan about as we''ve not been shipping goals against poor teams and Martin and Naismith have been nowhere near the match day squad!

He had to sort the defence, in fact fans have been saying for years the defence needs sorting! On the basis of the last five games, it looks like he''s put a lot of work in to fixing the defence and it''s now working. Because of that, I''m willing to give him some time to work on the attacking side of the game! He''s showed that he''s willing to change his formation and philosophy for the good of the team.

If we''re not conceding, we''re not losing! It gives us a solid foundation to start working on winning! Plus we have Oliviera, Maddison and a little further down the road, Pritchard all to come back from injury!

Will you be starting a third thread sometime today with a downer on the Club ? First a pop at Murphy and now about a lack of goals.

We do need to score more and we definitely need to work on getting more bodies into the box from midfield and also players need to be trying their luck a bit more from 25/30 yards out. So no i''m not particularly happy with 2 goals in 5 games particularly given the opposition.

However I am very happy with 4 clean sheets on the trot and that the defensive side of the team, which needed sorting, appears to be functioning well and we do look very solid. because of this those 2 goals have yielded 6 points.

Farke''s next task, having tightened us up defensively is to add back in the creativity and a bit more attacking threat.

Agree with Jim ^^^^

We''ve sorted the defense out and I am happy with that after the Millwall debacle...

Let''s give him time to get the strikers/ offensive midfield on the ball

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Two different topics both with a negative slant on them. Great work.[/quote]You have to be fair, Tilly. It''s hard work having to find something negative to say all the time, especially in times of improvement. Still, when we are scoring goals again, they''ll be working just as hard to find a downside. Being miserable isn''t always fun, you know. It takes effort, too.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]uh-oh, Tilly. Have you seen today''s Vrancic thread. Not started by Barking Boy, but that must count as a hatrick.[/quote]Yep he is a busy boy today RTB. [;)]

I''d be happy if we keep a clean sheet against Middlesbrough !The way we are playing at the moment, we have 7 players who''s primary concern is to defend, that leaves only 4 others

Despite a complete change in management I find it strange that our biggest weakness remains. When we attack we fail to move up as a unit, midfield players in particular add little support in "the box". When we do produce a good move down the flanks invariably there is only a lone striker confronted with 4/5 defenders. In fact if it is either Jerome/Oliviera out wide there is nobody in "the box". You will notice the better teams, Spurs being a good example, always have players pressing forward to support. What is so frustrating is that it is basic football tactics which these so called top coaches fail to grasp. I do by the way accept the theory that you have to build a good sound defence first, so perhaps the goals might flow again in the not too distant future - but I would not bet on it !!!

DF is definitely a tinker man as Neil was. And we don''t have the same front 6 two games running. I guess that might limit the chances created. It doesn''t excuse poor finishing.

Fair play he has tightened the defence that has not conceded in four league games.

Hopefully when the confidence is fully restored he might concentrate his efforts on the front six sorting out their tactics going forward.

exactly mr yellowbeagle! How long have we sought a mean defence? If we''re difficult to score against, we have the forward players to cause problems at this level and be nicely competitive. Here comes that ''patience'' word again! To follow on from Barclay Boy''s negativity, we need the likes of Gunn, Pinto, Klose, Stiepermann, Trybull, Tettey, Wes & Oliveira to remain fit and available as much as possible.

5 clean sheets in a row.3 wins and 2 draws.11 points out of the last 15. ( promotion form )3 points off the play offs.Barking Mad Barclay Boy looking grim isn''t it ?

All this winning with hardly scoring is making me feel like when people say the great teams win when they play badly. The point being we''re winning no matter what!

Tilly you can tell you are a senile old flower.

if you read my post i praise our defensive capability, just said we need to start hitting the back of the net more, as the stat proves we haven''t scored much. Time for you to go for your morning nap.

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"] but anyone that can stick up for the manager and the team for only scoring 2 goals in 5 league games has got to be having a laugh.

How can you as a fan accept 2 goals in 5 league games? [/quote]What was that you were saying as i cannot see too much praise in this.Maybe it is you who need to lay down ?