Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Naismith?

Indeed he''s out injured. It''s given Madison a decent run in the team though

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Injured - abductor, I think; it was mentioned yesterday[/quote]Are you sure it''s an abductor muscle injury? Maybe he''s been abducted!?

It would be awful to say I hope he''s unavailable all season...

but we generally seem so much better when he''s nowhere near the team.

We seem to have found out who is our best team and matchday squad the last few games and Naismith has been absent. 

Also some new players who were struggling initially have improved greatly.

Talk about downgrading our squad to mid-table level was (hopefully) premature.

Hi Bristol Canary, since Norwich have Bristol this weekend and they seem to have hit a little bit of form recently, I thought maybe you could do a pre-match insight into the mood over there at the moment. What are the natives saying? I know they got a little excited a few years ago after Gaz O''Neil signed for them with the plan for a promotion push, seemed a little premature at the time but what''s the insider view like?

Hi Morgan. If you are not from Bristol they are a difficult team to like. Half the city hate them more than anyone else.

The fans have a very good new stadium which I had hoped would temper the anger that appears to be natural to the fan base.It hasn''t as the call for their young manager to be sacked last season was long and loud.

Robins fans believe themselves to be a big club and get frustrated at the perceived lack of funds made available by their billionaire owner who has more interest in rugby.

Early season pessimism has been replaced by surprise at their current form as the playing style and philosophy develops.

They will of course expect to beat us and everyone else after the Stoke game as their second eleven looked more like the top tier side.

I will canvas my BCFC as to predictions and post them later.

Ps I have taken both my young boys to Ashton Gate to no avail. They are Bristolian Canaries.

With a fan base of over 1 million people they should be playing in TP if managed correctly.

Everton totally screwed us over. His legs have gone - meaning he no longer is the explosive player he was. It has left us paying massively over the odds for a bang average player who offers nothing to change a game.

Further proof that we always do better buying young and up and coming than ageing pros. A very, very expensive mistake

I remember Chris Sutton watching one of our games on bbc final score just after we signed him and he said Naismiths legs had gone.

For what we paid and his wages has to be the biggest turkey we have signed.

You can argue that with his huge wages and our inability to shift them he''s a worse signing that RvW. At least we managed to get someone else to pay him for a couple of years...

Horrific signing who we never needed and who has never looked remotely like a £7m player. Nothing against him personally but I would be perfectly happy if he never plays for us again. Squad and team starting to feel more settled now and every time he gets brought back in it seems to upset the balance.

[quote user="king canary"]You can argue that with his huge wages and our inability to shift them he''s a worse signing that RvW. At least we managed to get someone else to pay him for a couple of years...[/quote]
He''s been better for us than RvW was though.

[quote user="daly"]With a fan base of over 1 million people they should be playing in TP if managed correctly.[/quote]

Bristol is a two-club City and large swathes of it prefer rugby to football.

I will say it again, Naismith has never been very good. Not that good at Rangers and not that good at Everton. I don''t know why everyone is so surprised at how poor he''s been. Alex Neil''s prize turkey!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Horrific signing who we never needed and who has never looked remotely like a £7m player. Nothing against him personally but I would be perfectly happy if he never plays for us again. Squad and team starting to feel more settled now and every time he gets brought back in it seems to upset the balance.[/quote]

I have to agree - my heart sinks whenever I see his name in the starting lineup.

A strange one, as there was much optimism when we were first in for him and Everton fans praised him. Unfortunately, I think we were all expecting him to be up there with Wes in terms of being able to create and change games. He''s just not that type of player, he''s a battler but that''s about it. Certainly not worth what we paid for him, and that''s a shame but sadly true. Much higher hopes for Maddison and Murphy now. for what it is I think his experience in the dressing room is probably quite helpful though, especially this season with so much change.

[quote user="It''s Character Forming"]

We seem to have found out who is our best team and matchday squad the last few games and Naismith has been absent. 

Also some new players who were struggling initially have improved greatly.

Talk about downgrading our squad to mid-table level was (hopefully) premature.

Finally

Amazed it has taken 2 years and 3 managers to realise that Naismith and Martin are utter donkeys and directly negatively impact the team everytime the bl00dy play.

So glad King Farke has realised this early doors. He also quickly realised Bassong, Bennett, Mulumbo, Whittaker amongst others were total deadwood.

Farke will be bigger than Lambert and Neil, the future is yellow.