Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

ticket office tinpot

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="daly"]Bloody hell the world has gone mad when you cannot call a black man a Black Man.

Had it been the woman with the pink hair then I would have said the woman with the Pink hair/Pigtails/Warts etc[/quote]You can''t win, daly. The politically correct lobby want everyone to stop seeing what they are seeing, stop thinking what they are thinking and stop saying anything about what they are seeing or thinking. Only safe thing to do nowadays is for everyone to not to say anything to anybody about anything...... 

[/quote]

Absolutely not-the politically correct lobby want an end to people being defined by their sex, race, religion, gender, colour or sexuality.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How do you identify someone by their sexuality Rocky?[/quote]Perhaps by the colour of their jumper, Nutty.pink? maybe[;)]

[quote user="Crossdressing Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="daly"]Bloody hell the world has gone mad when you cannot call a black man a Black Man.

Had it been the woman with the pink hair then I would have said the woman with the Pink hair/Pigtails/Warts etc[/quote]You can''t win, daly. The politically correct lobby want everyone to stop seeing what they are seeing, stop thinking what they are thinking and stop saying anything about what they are seeing or thinking. Only safe thing to do nowadays is for everyone to not to say anything to anybody about anything......  [/quote]

Absolutely not-the politically correct lobby want an end to people being defined by their sex, race, religion, gender, colour or sexuality.[/quote]There is a difference between describing someone and defining them. It''s semantics at the end of the day - one man''s "description" is another man''s "defining".  Those who shout "racist" at the slightest thing are in danger of stifling real debate - so instead of talking about ticket offices the debate has unnecessarily changed to something else.  All daly did was describe the person he was talking about - it may have been unnecessary to use the word "black" but while being slightly unnecessary, it certainly can''t be automatically assumed  as being racist or even having racist undertones, imo. The local BBC TV News programme up here which is based in the heavily multi-cutural north east, are always referring to people as black or white - as in "3 white youths were seen leaving the scene" or the opposite "3 back youths were seen...." etc etc.  Are they being racist or simply describing what was seen? 

"Absolutely not-the politically correct lobby want an end to people being defined by their sex, race, religion, gender, colour or sexuality. "

I don''t think they should be defined by such things, but to say they are not objective facts & possibly relevant is ridiculous. How much such factors impact on a person''s character will vary enormously from individual to individual.

[quote user="Crossdressing Canary"]

Absolutely not-the politically correct lobby want an end to people being defined by their sex, race, religion, gender, colour or sexuality.[/quote]Oi, don''t forget accent.Wouldn''t want any Noddy Holder sound-a-likes needing counselling ''cos people fink they''re fick. [:D]

Never had a problem with the ticket office staff, always found them to be helpful & friendly.

My only criticism would be that I wish they would get rid of the 0844 premier rate number, used that once last season on my mobile and after queuing for ages landed myself with a £4 phone bill. ( my fault should have used landline which was half the price)

But I see that 5/6 clubs in the Prem/Champ have or are now ditching it and returning to a normal local number so hope we do too.

[quote user="Diane"]Never had a problem with the ticket office staff, always found them to be helpful & friendly.

My only criticism would be that I wish they would get rid of the 0844 premier rate number, used that once last season on my mobile and after queuing for ages landed myself with a £4 phone bill. ( my fault should have used landline which was half the price)

But I see that 5/6 clubs in the Prem/Champ have or are now ditching it and returning to a normal local number so hope we do too.[/quote]Agree Diane but it''s not your fault. Football clubs shouldn''t be so greedy.I think most mobile contracts now include 08 numbers as part of the '' free minutes '' package so it''s not such a widespread problem now. That said if you do get caught it can be very expensive.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]If it had been "the black chap in the ticket office went out of his way to help me", would that still have stirred up the racist argument?[/quote]Why do we even need a further identifier FFS?Why wouldn''t it have been enough to simply say "The chap in the ticket office was pretty unhelpful", or "The guy I dealt with did a great job", why is it even necessary to point out his skin colour???