Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Big Cam

Delighted he scored - 100% effort every game, and very supportive of the younger players.

Key part of the squad, glad we didn’t lose him in the summer.

Yes although hes not a prolific scorer and not a natural finisher his qualities make him a good player to have at this level!

Love the chap and can''t stand people moaning about him when he''s always done well for us at this level. With Oliveira too we must surely have two of the best options in the league up top

I agree but read the hare brained idiots on Vital, they reckon he can''t score........obviously they have not looked at his scoring stats in the championship. They love a scapegoat.

Just read Vital Norwich. Remind me never to go on that site again. Even complaining about Cams celebration & saying he didn''t want to be near other City players. Just watch him with young Maddison afterwards. We were singing Cams name but he was pointing to Madders to get the chant changed to him.

Yep, proved me wrong ... againthe goal yesterday was superbly taken, and is still a handful all the time he''s playing

Jerome consistently proves his doubters on this forum wrong yet they continue to doubt. A little bit of insanity but hardly uncommon on here.

It is a joke site, full of bitter old men who think they know more than the professionals, but good for a laugh every now and again to put things into perspective. Moaning about the goal celebration is fairly typical!

Jerome, once again, was outstanding yesterday. His hold up play is of fundamental importance to the way Farke sets up his team. Thought he’d scored in the first half but delighted when he scored the winner in the second. Would like to see Yanic given some starts in place of Josh who was off the pace again. And so nice to see a few points on the road again at last. Let’s hope our away support begins to return. Few of us at Reading yesterday. Maybe Arsenal will introduce new fans to away football.

Agreed, he played well yesterday, unlucky with the chance that hit the post and a good headed finish..............terrible celebration according to the Vital guys. I know a strikers primary role is to score goals but the modern game requires them to defend from the front and stretch defences with their runs and I don''t see many better strikers in the championship from that perspective although I do agree that he is not the best finisher, never has been a premier league striker but will get 15 or thereabouts in the championship. How much would it cost to buy a 15 goal striker nowadays? Lastly, they took offence at my/our comments yesterday saying we are self opinionated!

Absolutely majestic header from Cam for his well deserved goal. The power through the neck muscles was immense. He works tirelessly for us, running and working the opposition. His effort which hit the post deserved a goal if only for the skill and power he put in to work the ball into the space to shoot.

I agree, just a shame he is not quite able to do it in the premier league. Never has had enough quality to play at the very top level but definitely good enough for the championship.

Cameron Jerome is welcome round at mine for a cop of tea anytime he fancies it. we are lucky to have him, great value for money, superb attitude and work ethic. We should be proud of him, not pick at his smallest shortcomings. CJ, we salute you.

Never let us down, always consistent (both in strengths and weaknesses), and even when he''s not getting the chances he keeps defenders occupied in a way Oliveira struggles to do.

A great part of the team, and we''re lucky to have a player of his quality and mentality.

I sometimes think if he hadn''t been a PL striker before we signed him and we got him from another Championship club where he''d hit 10-15 goals a season a few times he''s be rated much higher than he is now.

He''s also possibly the unluckiest striker I''ve ever seen play for us, which isn''t his fault really, a few cm here and there, a different ref now and again and his record would be even more impressive. Deserves to be rated amongst the best in this division imo

Good to hear so many positives, football is all about opinions which I respect but the stick the guy gets from the people I mentioned earlier in this thread is ridiculous and over the top, they even blame him for earning so much money!

Agreed; we have been lucky to have him over the past few seasons. I like his post-match interviews too. He''s always sensible in what he says.