Sign in to follow this  
Bill

What browser ?

Not a request to know.That is up to the individual to use what they see fitHowever some browsers are not suitable for quoting, as the quote then appears as a muddle of mumbo jumboIf that happens might I suggest you use another browser when on this forum - or simply cut and paste the relevant comment you are replying to. The latter would at least remove whole chunks of unnecessary text. It does not take more than a few seconds.. honestly.Perhaps some with the mumbo jumbo quotes could look at what they have posted and wonder if their thoughts are being best servedps I use Firefox on this forum

[quote user="Dr Whats on"]Not a request to know.That is up to the individual to use what they see fitHowever some browsers are not suitable for quoting, as the quote then appears as a muddle of mumbo jumboIf that happens might I suggest you use another browser when on this forum - or simply cut and paste the relevant comment you are replying to. The latter would at least remove whole chunks of unnecessary text. It does not take more than a few seconds.. honestly.Perhaps some with the mumbo jumbo quotes could look at what they have posted and wonder if their thoughts are being best servedps I use Firefox on this forum[/quote]

I agree. It''s really annoying.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]They should ban pensioners from the internet[/quote]Absolutely.Exchange their internet access for a bus pass.Let them sit on the coastal hopper, or eat ice creams etc in CromerMaybe Age Concern could offer an OAP website, with it''s own forum.

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Dr Whats on"]Not a request to know.That is up to the individual to use what they see fitHowever some browsers are not suitable for quoting, as the quote then appears as a muddle of mumbo jumboIf that happens might I suggest you use another browser when on this forum - or simply cut and paste the relevant comment you are replying to. The latter would at least remove whole chunks of unnecessary text. It does not take more than a few seconds.. honestly.Perhaps some with the mumbo jumbo quotes could look at what they have posted and wonder if their thoughts are being best servedps I use Firefox on this forum[/quote]

I agree. It''s really annoying.[/quote]

I find it annoying too lol

quote user="Dr What''s on"Not a request to know.That is up to the individual to use what they see fitHowever some browsers are not suitable for quoting, as the quote then appears as a muddle of mumbo jumboIf that happens might I suggest you use another browser when on this forum - or simply cut and paste the relevant comment you are replying to. The latter would at least remove whole chunks of unnecessary text. It does not take more than a few seconds.. honestly.Perhaps some with the mumbo jumbo quotes could look at what they have posted and wonder if their thoughts are being best servedps I use Firefox on this forum

What do you mean by mumbo jumbo, and what is Firefox?

ps I use Firefox on this forum

Does Clint Eastwood come with it?

I blame the elderly

And as if by some Pavolian response three old codgers post up the same ''joke''

I use Firefox on both desktop and mobile. On here the desktop version works fine. But the mobile version produces all kinds of weird results. You can''t quote anything without getting gobbledygook, and often get html bits like this <br> for no reason.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I use Firefox on both desktop and mobile. On here the desktop version works fine. But the mobile version produces all kinds of weird results. You can''t quote anything without getting gobbledygook, and often get html bits like this for no reason.[/quote]

Doesnt work on my moby either

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I use Firefox mainly due to the fact that when I use Chrome for some reason it does not show the top bar or the posy/reply buttons ! [/quote]

That''s what happens when I use Chrome.

I does seem to be a problem with our more senior membersa case of senile dysfunction, perhaps ?

[quote user="Dr Whats on"]I does seem to be a problem with our more senior membersa case of senile dysfunction, perhaps ?[/quote]

Google phones hate the quote function that is why I normally copy and paste. Which isn''t easy with rubbish eyesight and fat fingers.

And people that put non letters in their user name are just as annoying.

City 1st said '''' I does seem to be a problem with our more senior members a case of senile dysfunction, perhaps ?

Think it''s more of a phone posting problem than an age problem. The quote facility just doesn''t work on a phone

But as someone pointed out with you having a non letter in your new name, we can''t ever quote you anyway

Putting dots and dashes in your user name is maybe a ploy some use so as they can''t be quoted.  Barclay 48/49 gets away with a lot because of that - but it''s easy to edit their use name when quoting so they dont get away with it!

[quote user="Diane"]City 1st said '''' I does seem to be a problem with our more senior members a case of senile dysfunction, perhaps ?

Think it''s more of a phone posting problem than an age problem. The quote facility just doesn''t work on a phone

But as someone pointed out with you having a non letter in your new name, we can''t ever quote you anyway[/quote]what''s a non letterthe comma ?if so, I will happily remove it as I was not aware that it had any affect

[quote user="Dr Whats on"][quote user="Diane"]City 1st said '''' I does seem to be a problem with our more senior members a case of senile dysfunction, perhaps ?

But as someone pointed out with you having a non letter in your new name, we can''t ever quote you anyway[/quote]what''s a non letterthe comma ?if so, I will happily remove it as I was not aware that it had any affect[/quote]Have you never had the big red "Non matching quote blocks in post" message? Another quaint throwback from the Geocities generation. I''m beginning to become strangely content with the antiquated nature of this forum, it''s a bit like Stockholm syndrome.

ah

so that is what causes that

Have a nap, that''s what we do.

[quote user="Diane"]

But as someone pointed out with you having a non letter in your new name, we can''t ever quote you anyway[/quote]Just delete the non letter in the quote user brackets when you reply Diane.

I know that but it wouldn''t make any difference to me Ricardo as when I reply on my phone the quote facility thing doesn''t work anyway.

Yes, I found mine is the same so I reply without the quote when on my phone. Like now for instance.