Sign in to follow this  
pete

Naismith regets leaving Rangers

According to BBC article. Well that could be easily rectified give him free transfer write off wasted £9m cut save £3m in salary (estimated £40,000 per week). Will it happen unlikely as not shown any form since leaving Everton. What a pity!

He had the best period of his career at Rangers so it is hardly a surprise for him to have said that is it? The article clearly states that he wishes he hadn''t left in the manner he did, saying that the wrong people ruined the club and drove it into the ground - and I assume on reflection would have liked to have stayed and helped them out rather than jumping ship given the position they are in now.

At no point does he say he doesn''t want to be at Norwich, or that he didn''t want to be at Everton, simply that he had a lot of love for Rangers and it was sad what happened.

It is also worth noting the article is from 1st July 2017...

Yes this is a re-hash of an old article I think.

I wonder if he regrets it enough and loves Ranger''s enough to cut a deal to head back there. might suit all parties but somehow I doubt he''s prepared to forego £30K a week!

Naismith is happy enough to pick up the inflated wages he gets here and I don''t blame him. He knows at his age he''s unlikely to get another payday. Best we can hope for is to shift some of those wages via a loan deal.

Im sure I''ll be leaving myself open to Indy Bones interjection :D but Naismith has come to represent Alex Neil''s albatross as Van Wolfswinkel became Hughton''s. Both cost us a lot of money for little return.

He isn''t a ''scapegoat'' though is he? He''s a highly paid footballer who had utterly failed to deliver in the 18 months he''s been here.

The ''s'' word is fast becoming the most overused thing on this forum.

[quote user="Morgan"]Im sure I''ll be leaving myself open to Indy Bones interjection :D but Naismith has come to represent Alex Neil''s albatross as Van Wolfswinkel became Hughton''s. Both cost us a lot of money for little return.[/quote]You rang? [:D]I can''t really disagree with the overriding statement on that though Morgan, both players came in as some of our most expensive, and both failed to deliver, I don''t think anyone can really argue with that IMHO.I only debate the reason WHY RvW failed (Hughton''s system, lack of supply etc), and I see no such mitigations in the case of Naismith, who has simply been utter dross regardless, and a FAR worse signing than RvW was.

Do wish people would get off Naismith''s back he s one of our players.

Things are going well cant people find something else to moan about

Things are going well so some find something to moan about and others stop posting. Naismith is doing Archant a favour until we lose a couple.....

Russ, Naismith, Jerome and Tettey seem to be the scapegoats in that order.......Franke was nearly in before being dropped and it looks as though Husband is now not in the race after a few decent games. How long before Murphy gets in there?

I''m really not. Weird as it may seem I want all of players to be good. I just don''t believe in pretending those who aren''t are.

[quote user="king canary"]I''m really not. Weird as it may seem I want all of players to be good. I just don''t believe in pretending those who aren''t are.[/quote]
So do I Kingo. I just find it strange that now so many in the team do seem to be good there''s so many threads about the ones that aren''t doing so well. I know, I know, I''m just a happy clapper and you don''t understand me either[;)]

It''s all in your head my man- looking at the front page I don''t see any of these threads your talking about apart from this one...

If thats my Naismith thread it was actually questioning where he was as he hadnt been in any squad and no injury had been mentioned. Nothing about being critical or scapegoating...

Yes I know Rogue. But it didn''t stay that way and as soon as it dropped down the board this one popped up.

Reading them both I think Kingo is infatuated by our Naisy ☺

Ultimately, it''s a forum for discussing all things Norwich, and that includes critiques of the players that have worked or haven''t worked out for us. Most of us being British however default to the nit-picking side as a standard because we love a negative take on things. I love reading Football365''s Losers section more because it makes for interesting reading. I''m not going to apologise for that but it''s not a Polyanna world we live in.

I know Morgan. No one should need to apologise for being a miserable beggar just like no one should apologise for being happy. It''s only fair to mention it though being as I get so much stick when we''re losing games.

I would say I sit somewhere in the middle. I would prefer to be positive about NCFC all the time but the fact is I do enjoy criticising elements of our game/club when apt. I''m not going to slate anyone for being a happy clapper though, if that''s what you enjoy carry on doing it! What does bug me though is the perpetual doom mongering about the board from the usual suspects who shouldn''t be allowed access to a computer.

Nope, it''s simply a reflection of what the miserable beggars find to post about when the team are doing well.

I started a thread about Ed Riemer and the rest of the coaching team on Saturday. None of them seem worthy of mention on here. Different story when Frank McAvoy was coaching an unsuccessful team.

Anyway, back to Naismith....

Unless we can find someone to buy him, still reckon he''ll be in the team in the new year.

He''s in the squad so I''m sure he''ll get used. I just can''t see an argument for starting him above any of our multiple attacking midfielders/wingers.

I really do want him to succeed for us - I''m an eternal optimist about any player we sign. After his stuttering performances last season, I read his press comments about wanting to learn from Farke and the new set up. I thought, great, we''re going to see the real Steven Naismith and he''s going to be the catalyst and experience that we''ll need this season.

But unfortunately, he played in the early games when we weren''t defending well and losing badly, and then picked up the injury, so inevitably, he''s now out of the team and continues to be seen by many fans as one of our worst signings.