Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

R.I.P. Tom Petty

A sad loss to music.[:(]saw him live once many years ago, backing Dylan at the Wembley Arena.great memories.[Y]

I have an album by one of his other collaboration bands, called Mudcrutch, and it is superb. The best his unique voice ever sounded IMO.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I have an album by one of his other collaboration bands, called Mudcrutch, and it is superb. The best his unique voice ever sounded IMO.[/quote]Southern Accents and Rebels are two great songs.As you say, a truly unique voice and also a great songsmith.

Season ticket holder, inveterate site reader and (very) infrequent poster - the level of football debate is mostly way too highbrow for this poor and very old Paston Grammar School boy -but Dylan I''m much more comfortable with.

I was at the gig at Wembley Arena 30 years ago, it was just after the big storm - the Bobmeister was at his most distant but if ''my (your) memory serves me (you) well (you''ll get the reference) The Heartbreakers backed the great man but Tom Petty wasn''t with them, on lead guitar was Roger McGuinn.

Always look forward to and enjoy reading the Carrow Road football reports -thanks

Saw him at the Birmingham NEC - superb performer with a great band.

Happy days.

Proud owner of one of his first singles with his band - ''official'' bootleg version of American Girl.