Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Maddison transfer value

Obviously hope he and Pritchard are here for many seasons to come but these performances won''t go unnoticed from suitors in the top league . Quite clearly more advanced than either of the Murphy twins so I''d personally have him around 20 million already . A bit far fetched or near the mark ? .

I’d say that was the minimum, especially with how this summer has shown us regarding transfer fees. Plus, if you believe paper talk, Fulham have stuck a £50m price tag on Sessegnon. So £20m seems a fair opening bid😎

I feel it''s almost certain that Coventry will claim a massive wedge from any profit we make.

How we managed to acquire this little gem despite all opposition is amazing and whoever was behind it needs praise.

That Coventry were in dire need of a cash input is undeniable (similarly Birmingham at the time we signed Redmond) as it was blatantly obvious at the time that this youngster was exceptional.

I''d hope we can keep hold of a decent player like him for a fair few years rather than cashing in any time soon. Obviously I know how the game works these days but it would be nice to be able to hold on to a talented player for a while.

So good to see a player who oozes class. So comfortable at any time and such a hard worker as well.

I said to my golf buddies this morning that if we still have him past January 31 I would be surprised.

"I said to my golf buddies this morning that if we still have him past January 31 I would be surprised."

Then your pessimism deserved a few sixes on your card.

I actually think that the Summer will be the testing time if he keeps this up. He''s very raw after all and needs a season under his belt to really convince the big spenders, imo. and then it will only likely be the PL strugglers desperate to survive.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I''d hope we can keep hold of a decent player like him for a fair few years rather than cashing in any time soon. Obviously I know how the game works these days but it would be nice to be able to hold on to a talented player for a while.[/quote]Yes it would be nice. Clearly he''s a Premier League player in the making so it would be good if he can prove that with us. No one''s daft enough to think he''ll stay when the big boys come calling so let''s enjoy the time he''s here.

He is already proving to be a better player than Hoolahan, although I doubt we will ever get the long term loyalty and service that Hoolahan has offered.

Spectacular goals from Hoolahan are a collector''s item, Maddison has hit two in a week, with undoubtedly plenty more to come.

Whilst he has the potential to be a great player how can people say he’s better than Hoolahan already? He still has an awful lot to learn but all the signs are encouraging!

This is just another example of fans getting carried away yet again, let’s judge him over a full season not just 11 games before saying he’s going to be a world beater!

[quote user="unique"]He is already proving to be a better player than Hoolahan.[/quote]

He may be good but he''s not that good (yet)6

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="unique"]He is already proving to be a better player than Hoolahan.[/quote]

He may be good but he''s not that good (yet)6[/quote]Let''s just say he scores better from a distance than Wes.

Isn''t he a more complete midfielder than Wes (even if Wes seems to get stuck in more this season)?

What''s impressive with Maddison, is his ability to keep hold of the ball under pressure and always spot a pass. The way he shoots from distance is really special as well.

Hard to compare him with Wes directly as they are different styles of CAM. Wes can certainly dictate games a lot better but I''m sure a lot of that comes with experience, Madders is perhaps a more complete footballer in that he can play more roles and has two feet. The only reason Wes isn''t playing regularly in the prem is no doubt his one sidedness and his lack of goal scoring. Maddison has no doubt made huge progress since we signed him, certainly helped by his time spent North of the border and I''d certainly expect a fee of over 20m given the nature of the market for British players now if he was to leave in the next year. If he keeps on impressing as he is that fee will surely rise quickly

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I feel it''s almost certain that Coventry will claim a massive wedge from any profit we make.

How we managed to acquire this little gem despite all opposition is amazing and whoever was behind it needs praise.

That Coventry were in dire need of a cash input is undeniable (similarly Birmingham at the time we signed Redmond) as it was blatantly obvious at the time that this youngster was exceptional.[/quote]I think this highlights the unseen work the club does.It has signed others who are now out on loan, with a view to ''fattening them up'' or in football terms, develop them as a player.Maddison will leave, that is the nature of the game - just as he signed for us. Whatever that amount will be will be deterned by the market at the time, as it will be his ability.We certainly have benefited from recent arrivals as well. Trybull and Zimmerman, would certainly not have cost what they would from an English club. It will be interesting to see who the club sign (unearth) in January.

Don''t think anyone is paying £20m for him at the moment (unless it''s a desperation signing) but he is a very good player.

"Don''t think anyone is paying £20m for him at the moment (unless it''s a desperation signing) but he is a very good player."

Although it''s a ridiculous amount considering all factors it''s quite feasible, imo.

His dead ball ability, which transcends all levels, is the main thing that will attract big money. He scores like this regularly now, although this was his first for NCFC (?) to the extent that I was half expecting the ball to hit the net the way it did. Everything looked right.

Match winning moments in any league.

He certainly should not be sold for less than that. I will be hugely disappointed if we cash in on anyone in January if we are in and around the top six at the time.

If you look at the fees for Redmond, Brady and Murphy I don''t think we''ll see a massive jump to the £20m mark for Maddison.

Also, look at Pritchard, at a similar age to Maddison he was flying for Brentford and he has probably got more goals in his locker.

Maddison is showing technical ability and a matureness to his performances at the moment - credit to him and the coaches as you can see a real improvement in him.

But we''re 11 games into a season. Even if he continues in this form by the end of the season i doubt he will be seen as a 20m player.

Not that I think we should sell for less. Just that i dont think we will be offered more. Which is good news as hopefully we will see him for at least another season.

I''ve been lucky enough to watch Norwich from the mid 70''s. This maybe a bold statement but he maybe the best player I''ve seen since Martin Peters. I live very close the the ground and take my kids to the u23 games . I have actually been saying this since I first saw him play against Coventry.

After seeing the goal against Boro at first hand, I wasn''t that surprised when he scored on Saturday - only because it''s the first time he''s had a free kick in that good a position that I can remember now, and it was so brilliantly struck that if it had been scored in the Prem, everyone would be raving about it.

Another thing that hasn''t had much notice that I''ve seen is how good his delivery of a corner is.  They''re regularly being hit into the danger area with pace and power, difficult for the goalkeeper to defend and inviting to be attacked.  I''ve been waiting for us to get on the end of one and was really glad to see Jerome get his goal on Saturday.  You could query the defending but that''s what happens when all the attackers, bar one, have gone to the near post and the ball is well delivered into the centre of the box.  Also Jerome''s finish was superb, he had a very small area to hit to be able to score with that one.

As for transfer value, I question the motives of any poster who starts a thread about it when we have a 20-year old player who''s had a handful of excellent performances for us.  Realistically it will take a lot moer than that for a top club to be interested, and from our point of view the questions are - how much do we need to replace him with someone as good or better in the same transfer window?  What effect would selling him in January have on our prospects for promotion to the Prem and what value do you put on that ?

All in all it makes it very unlikely someone would be willing to pay in January what he''s worth to us at this moment, which is excellent news.

And as I say, I am very dubious as to why someone would put a post up about selling Maddison so quick into his City career, if they are a genuine City fan.  More than a whiff of bin here IMO.

Just on your first point ICF, coutinho scored a freekick from a very solar place against leicester, though it wasn''t as top corner and wasn''t as quick, that is up for September goal of the month!

Madison is a rare talent, we are lucky to have him. Our best hope of holding on to him is getting promoted this year, with him and pritch as the deeper 2 of a front three we will score a shed load...

Maddison does indeed strike a dead ball in a similar way to Coutinho. The biggest surprise to me is that Lakey hasn''t been on here to point this out.

He can''t be far away from an England U21 call up.

Midfielders in latest squad: Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth), Tom Davies (Everton), Kieran Dowell (Nottingham Forest, loan from Everton), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace, loan from Chelsea), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Josh Onomah (Aston Villa, loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur).

Or is it a coincidence that they are all owned by Premiership clubs? Maitland-Niles and Winks for example - are they getting games for Arsenal and Spurs at the moment?

No motive whatsoever, as I said I hope he is here for many seasons to come . Speculating on a value will not speed up or slow down a sale in the future . I''d imagine many managers in the Premiership are already aware of his huge potential to be something special. A little naive to think other wise really .