Sign in to follow this  
nick oakley

peter thorne

just read afew comments on who should play up front with deano, now when he,s fit  peter thorne is a quality striker at this level and having  lived in cardiff for the last two years i can say that he should be given his chance , because beleive me this boy has real quality , but he needs to have a run of games to proove it, worthy has to look at the full extent of his squad and not be afraid to ring the changes, come on nigel give thorney a go.

It''s an option but I can''t see Worthiclown do that. We all know he loves his big man little man combo so why he would play Thorne alongside Ashton doesn''t make sense. When we signed Ashton I wished he''d play Svensson alongside him with Hucks just behind. Of course it never happened so I doubt your suggestion will either. Sad but true because we have a manger who is too set in his ways to try something different.

[quote]whats wrong with Squiz?[/quote]

Nothing! Worthy seems to have lost faith with McVeigh and once that happens with a player under Worthy, the road back seems long and difficult! I''d love to see Deano and McVeigh play more together. I''m sure he will stick with Lisbie for a while though, esp since he scored last game. I wonder if we will extend Lisbie''s loan for another three months??

I think Worthy is reluctant to play Thorne and Deano together as his 1st choice pair because neither of them have great pace and at this level pace can destroy defences. Lisbie and McKenzie are much quicker! Deano wins lots of headers so having someone quick to run onto the knock down should in theory work well!! Worthington seems short of options though when it isn''t working!