Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Quiz of the week...?

I really enjoyed the first three quizzes of the week but they seem to have disappeared... have I missed them or have they been discontinued?

Love a bit of NCFC trivia challenge!

Try this ....City v Sutton FA Cup 1989who scored (how many) ?and what club did we sign each scorer from ?you might even test yourself by naming the clubs they signed for after City

if you could leave posting answers for a couple of hours it will give others a chance, ta

1) When we signed Crouch and Huckerby on loan who was the third player who joined at the same time?2) Which group of another club''s home supporters on one famous occasion plaintively (and to no avail) sang "You''re supposed to let us score!" and why?3) In the 1958/59 FA Cup run we played Man Utd, Cardiff City, Spurs, Sheffield United and Luton Town. Three were (old)  Division One. Which two were from Division Two?4) "If he fails the medical we will sack the doctor" said Geof Watling about signing which player?5) A current Norwich City player has the same name (Christian name and surname, with a minor spelling difference) as which former (long dead) president of the United States?6) Which two modern-era managers were in the unusual position of having their son in the first-team squad?7) What was the name of the Norwich cafe at which the club was founded?8) Dean Coney scored one league goal for the club, with which part of his anatomy?9) Where was the club''s first ground?10) When we played Ajax to mark our centenary which future world star scored the only goal of the game for the Dutch club?I suggest posters who have some answers (if there are any!) hold off until this evening (say 6pm UK time) at least. The first prize is a bound copy of my collected posts on Brexit. Second prize is two bound copies of...

smug git meall of them bar No 4you either know or you don''tI don''t

No 5. New City left back Eddy Roosevelt. (Had to look that one up. No 1 I can picture, and was a good player, but the name evades me at the moment.)

I think you maybe getting confused with Tettey Roosevelt, the man who invented the teabagAnd not forgetting that other president, Henry Hoover, whose face still adorns his invention even now

I think I know No 4.

Purple?

Will it be the initial first edition of your thoughts?

I don''t want a worthless second edition.

[quote user="Dr Whats on"]Try this ....City v Sutton FA Cup 1989who scored (how many) ?and what club did we sign each scorer from ?you might even test yourself by naming the clubs they signed for after City

if you could leave posting answers for a couple of hours it will give others a chance, ta[/quote]Good question. I can name the scorers and how many goals (and even who scored first and describe the goal in some detail); two of the clubs we signed them from, with an idea about the third; and one of the clubs we sold to afterwards, but no idea about the other two.

PurplePlayer''s clubs before and after City - first initial of each clubR - CW - MI - M

[quote user="Dr Whats on"]PurplePlayer''s clubs before and after City - first initial of each clubR - CW - MI - M[/quote]Thanks. In that case I was right about the third player''s (the one second in your list) previous club. And I have now looked up the next clubs of the two I didn''t know.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]1) When we signed Crouch and Huckerby on loan who was the third player who joined at the same time?2) Which group of another club''s home supporters on one famous occasion plaintively (and to no avail) sang "You''re supposed to let us score!" and why?3) In the 1958/59 FA Cup run we played Man Utd, Cardiff City, Spurs, Sheffield United and Luton Town. Three were (old)  Division One. Which two were from Division Two?4) "If he fails the medical we will sack the doctor" said Geof Watling about signing which player?5) A current Norwich City player has the same name (Christian name and surname, with a minor spelling difference) as which former (long dead) president of the United States?6) Which two modern-era managers were in the unusual position of having their son in the first-team squad?7) What was the name of the Norwich cafe at which the club was founded?8) Dean Coney scored one league goal for the club, with which part of his anatomy?9) Where was the club''s first ground?10) When we played Ajax to mark our centenary which future world star scored the only goal of the game for the Dutch club?I suggest posters who have some answers (if there are any!) hold off until this evening (say 6pm UK time) at least. The first prize is a bound copy of my collected posts on Brexit. Second prize is two bound copies of...[/quote]
This is my favourite Norwich City quote of all time.
My second favourite is "I don''t think we got Muzinic. I reckon they sent his milkman."
Anyone remember who said that?

This is my favourite Norwich City quote of all time.

My second favourite is "I don''t think we got Muzinic. I reckon they sent his milkman."

I believe it was Justin who said that.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]This is my favourite Norwich City quote of all time.

I believe it was Justin who said that.[/quote]
It was [:)]

Thanks for the questions which have helped me through another boring international break. I have no idea who sang "you''re supposed to let us score". Does it come from the early 1990''s? Can I guess at Liverpool although it seems a bit too clever for them

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Thanks for the questions which have helped me through another boring international break. I have no idea who sang "you''re supposed to let us score". Does it come from the early 1990''s? Can I guess at Liverpool although it seems a bit too clever for them[/quote]That rings a bell. Last day of the Kop?

[quote user="Dr Whats on"]Try this ....City v Sutton FA Cup 1989who scored (how many) ?and what club did we sign each scorer from ?you might even test yourself by naming the clubs they signed for after City

[/quote]Tevor Putney        Ipwich - BoroMalcolm Allen   Watford - MillwallRobert Fleck      Rangers - Chelseahere are the goalshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak6XF1_u6Nclonger highlightshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tcuMyzWAcogreat daysps give yourself another point if you know who we played next in the cup, score etc

My answers (Guesses in some cases) Purple

1) Harper (Cannot remember his first name)

2) Liverpool (Last game before Kop became all seater)

3) Pass - Luton and Cardiff as a guess

4) Complete Guess - David Cross

5) Pass - USA history not my strong point

6) Gunn and Brown

7) Criterion Cafe

8) Butt

9) Newmarket Rd

10) Zlatan Ibrahimovic

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]My answers (Guesses in some cases) Purple

1) Harper (Cannot remember his first name)

2) Liverpool (Last game before Kop became all seater)

3) Pass - Luton and Cardiff as a guess

4) Complete Guess - David Cross

5) Pass - USA history not my strong point

6) Gunn and Brown

7) Criterion Cafe

8) Butt

9) Newmarket Rd

10) Zlatan Ibrahimovic[/quote]Pretty good.Indeed (Kevin) Harper. He got himself stupidly sent off in one away game (which I think we went on to win) and I suspect that did for him as far as Worthington was concerned.Yes, The Kop etc.Cardiff and Sheffield United. The Norwich players said afterwards that the side they lost to in the semi-final, Luton, who were Division One but I think in the process of getting relegated, were the worst of those teams they played.Ron Davies.James Maddison. James Madison was the 4th President of the US.Bond and Brown, with sons Kevin and Kenny.Criterion Cafe, Coney''s posterior (from memory against Villa and possibly Spink the goalie whose clearance rebounded into the net. I can still see Coney wheeling around with a big grin on his face), Newmarket Road and the mad Swedish genius all correct. I did appreciate the van Wolfswinkel suggestion for the last question...[;)]

Purple - I was also at the game Coney scored, I think you are right when you say the ball came off Spink, and I was also at the Ajax friendly game, so I knew Zlatan scored. Totally wrong re Cross, would not have even guessed Davies (the other name I had considered was Hockey).......Not a bad stab for a middle aged git with a terrible memory, certainly not a pigs ear!!......

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Sheffield Utd. won 3-2 the year we really had a good cup run [/quote]yepall the way to the semi final which was over shadowed by the tragic events happening at the same time at Hillsborough