Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Underground for Arsenal Game

Hi, Anyone with knowledge of underground network at late night ? As we live in the Midlands I have 2 train options. 1 is train into Euston and 2 Marylebone

Can anyone advice best Tube option to these stations bearing in mind the possibility of Extra time and Pens

How long should it take from the ground after the game

Thanks

https://tfl.gov.uk/

This website above you can put in stations select the time you would be leaving etc. The best station for Arsenal is Finsbury Park which is on the Victoria & Picadily lines. Euston is on the Victoria line and that takes 7 minutes so even with extra time and pens you could be back to Euston around 11pm. Marylebone would take you 20 minutes so slightly longer but you could still make a train if there is a last one at say 23:30. Hope that helps!

Thanks Lincsey, Good as I imagined longer on tube

My Last chance is 23.30 from Euston but its a slow train,

If I miss that one I wont get into Birmingham international till 6.05 and then a 40min drive. my preferred option is 23.07 from Marylebone which would get me into Warwick Parkway at 0.28 am and about 45 min drive after that

Thanks again

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Thanks Lincsey, Good as I imagined longer on tube

My Last chance is 23.30 from Euston but its a slow train,

If I miss that one I wont get into Birmingham international till 6.05 and then a 40min drive. my preferred option is 23.07 from Marylebone which would get me into Warwick Parkway at 0.28 am and about 45 min drive after that

Thanks again[/quote]

Depending on the size of the crowd at Arsenal it can take up to an hour to get a tube from Finsbury Park at the end of a game - I suggest you be ready for the final whistle whenever it happens and jog fast!

As SGNCFC says, be prepared for a bit of a wait at the tube. I don''t expect this to be a sell out but don''t expect to be out of the ground at 9:35 and on the tube by 9:45. I reckon you''ll make the 23:30 from Euston without much issue though.

I live in the area and its probably worth walking to Highbury and Islington after the game (if it doesnt go to Pens etc). Its only about a 15 min walk and you would spend that in the queue outside the ground anyway. There is even a decent pub, The Duchess of Kent on the way to the station if you have time.

Its also on the Victoria line so you can get straight to Euston from Highbury and Islington.

Either way, you should make the 23.30.

Enjoy the game, OTBC