[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05j18vy[/url]

Webber reflects on the Millwall 4-0 & how that tested his vision for the club

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05j19hz[/url]

Webber sings praises of Farke

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05j3s4d[/url]

Webber outlines his transfer plans

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05j3rrj[/url]  

Webber squashes rumours about the Academy

To be honest, I''m a bit sick of hearing him. He talks too much and I don''t like this attitude that he''s some sort of hero working through high levels of adversity.

Interesting that the Hanley deal stretched us, and we''ll have to sort that in the summer. Another softener for a big name departures.

Oliveria, Pritchard, Klose, Pinto and Maddison will be gone if promotion isn''t achieved this year.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 07/10/2017 2:46 PM:

To be honest, I''m a bit sick of hearing him. He talks too much and I don''t like this attitude that he''s some sort of hero working through high levels of adversity.

Interesting that the Hanley deal stretched us, and we''ll have to sort that in the summer. Another softener for a big name departures.

Oliveria, Pritchard, Klose, Pinto and Maddison will be gone if promotion isn''t achieved this year.

Lincoln spouting absolute garbage yet again!

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Was awfully quiet when we weren''t winning....now pops out to say hello![/quote]Hmmm.......It''s the complete opposite of some we know.

No public support for Farke when going badly.

Can’t stand Webber, and his ego is beyond belief.

Thank goodness we have appeared to have found a new hate figure at the club. Take a step back Russell Martin and Steven Naismith as it is the turn of Stuart Webber,

Lincoln, youre taking parody accounts to a whole new level of stupid.

He talks to much? First time since start of the season basically.

Also, and heres the best thing - listening to him is optional.

Finally, we will sell ALL of those players if we don''t get promoted this season? Fancy a friendly bet on that for Rays Funds?

[quote user="Red Rufus"]He speaks very highly of you Lincoln![/quote]He even gave Lincoln a mention......."A lot of these lads maybe don’t come from fantastic backgrounds, so we have to give them manners"Unfortunately, it doesn''t seem to be working at the moment so I don''t think Lincoln will make it beyond the Under 12''s. [:(]

If only we didn''t have to sell. We could have kept all last seasons players, renewed all the contracts, instead of downgrading the squad with these German 4th tier players and coaches.....

Agree with Swindon good to see they are planning ahead and are well organised.

Also pleasing that they are having a good sort out at the Academy, paying out £2m a year for it so we need to make sure we get youngsters coming through there so make it worthwhile

[quote user="Herman"]It''s the first thing he''s said for months.[/quote]

By talks too much, I didn''t mean the how frequent he talks. I meant when he does he rambles on and on about the same negative spiel. How he''s battling on in the face of adversity blah blah blah, he inherited a really talented squad.

McNally used to inspire and give confidence, Webber does not.

Not rubbish, just my opinion. I don''t like the majority of what he has to say. And I don''t think I''m alone in thinking that.

I like listening to Stuart Webber, because he''s very candid, and he''s prepared to share the thinking that''s brought him to make various decisions. I think it''s way better than the usual PR fluff.Bearing in mind that Tettey is 32 at the end of the season, and Hoolahan will be 36, both with contracts expiring. Klose will be 30, Jerome will be nearly 32, Naismith nearly 32, Matt Jarvis(lol) 32 all with a year left on their contracts. Some expensive liabilities there.So there''s still a lot of work to overhaul the squad.

Your opinion can be rubbish though Lincoln.

Sounds like what you dont like is the honesty of whats being said now.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]he rambles on and on about the same negative spiel.[/quote]Not something that you''d ever dream of doing lincoln?Absolute classic. [:D][<:o)]

Great to see Webbers long term strategy for the club is being implemented incrementally in fine detail across every age group. He comes across as someone with a carefully considered vision and just as importantly, someone with the leadership skills required to inspire his staff to execute it.

I guess that''s why he''s hugely successful in his field and why Lincoln is an utter misery on an internet message board.

Thanks for posting the links, Diane. It''s an interesting interview. He sounds like he wants to keep things on an even keel and isn''t getting too carried away by recent results. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]he rambles on and on about the same negative spiel.[/quote]Not something that you''d ever dream of doing lincoln?Absolute classic. [:D][<:o)][/quote]

I don''t think it really matters if I spout negative stuff on a message board. A sporting director on the other hand.....

I don''t like him or trust him. I think his main ambition is to find young gems and sell them on for profit. Not build a team with the ambition of promotion. I reckon our player turnaround will always be a high percentage with him in charge, and i''d be surprised to see any player with us for longer than 3 years in the future.

If we don''t win promotion this year, say good bye to Pritchard, Maddison, Oliveria, Klose, Pinto, Jerome, as well as Tettey and Hoolahan who will be released regardless. Yes we need to cut our cloth accordingly, but I just have a feeling Webber will sell more than needed. We''ll see.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Yes we need to cut our cloth accordingly, but I just have a feeling Webber will sell more than needed.

[/quote]

Thank you for sharing what you are "feeling" on this topic as opposed to tangible figures for "needed", such incredible insight for the rest of us.

"I''d be surprised to see any player with us for longer than 3 years in the future."

I think all of us have memories of past great City sides, with the same players week in and week out.

What never ceases to surprise me is how transient any side has been in the past. A flow of players in and out is the norm, and players who stay for years are the exception.

Trevor Hockey was a legend, and has been credited with saving us from relegation. He made 13 appearances.

Getting good talent, nurturing it so we can turn a profit on future sales is all part of the development process for the player(s).

The fact we''re doing this with more foresight now is excellent and will mean the club is sustainable. I have absolutely no idea as to why you''d think this is a bad concept Lincoln. Sure we all get attached to good players (Redmond, Jacob, Forster) but ultimately that''s the nature of a club like ours. We have to enjoy the players and their talents whilst they''re here and hope they help the current team forward. I see no evidence Webber isn''t forging a collective togetherness. His comments about youth players learning not only to be better players but better people are a breath of fresh air. How is that not commendable especially in this day and age of short-sightedness and big egos with bigger bucks.

I''m astounded at Lincolns comments about Stuart Webber: "He talks too much and I don''t like this attitude".

Apart from the basic need (especially after Jex Moxey) to keep NCFC fans informed regarding his vision & plans - SW has quietly torn into the task of revolutionising the structure & practices at the club. Thus far he has displayed a remarkable attitude - and I respect him hugely for that. He''s doing exactly what he was brought here to do!

Leadership starts at the top; providing we retain SW, his ideologies will permeate down. Unlike some supporters who seem to revel in problems & failures, SW appears to be focussed on finding solutions & success.

Hallelujah to that!