Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Top 3 Cities in the World to Visit

I do agree Lessingham. I was only there for 4 days but I had phenomenal time in New Orleans, the French Quarter is truly one of the best nights out you could have

I loved Naples. Fantastic city and also Pompeii, Vesuvius and Capri very close with the beauty of the Amalphi coast as well. What more could you want?

I love Italy and Spain, but the Italian cities are so full of history-been to loads in Tuscany-Florence, Lucca, Arezzo, Volterra, Siena. All amazing places, but Sam Gimignano is outstanding-the scene as you approach is out of this world, with medieval skyscrapers rising up before you.

Rome too-the Colosseum is in the middle of a roundabout, thousands of people drive past it every day, I found it unbelievable that a piece of history from over 2000 years ago is still an everyday part of people''s lives today.

Spain is different, less history but more variety in the cities, Seville, Alicante, Madrid of course, but Cadiz was probably the most unexpected pleasure, a very nice city. I wouldn''t go back to Barcelona though, 3 of us got pickpocketed there.

And an honourable mention for Lisbon too.

My top three:

Rio de Janeiro - vibrant city with amazing contrasts. First time that I went in 2000 it was pretty dangerous but much safer in more recent years as long as you don''t walk around showing off your jewellery and smart mobile phones. Had a private tour of the Maracana, via a helpful taxi driver and got my ''Pink Un'' out and had a photo taken if you can remember that feature some years back.

Florence - gorgeous place with fabulous architecture and places of interest. Probably best to avoid the heat of the summer and crowded times if possible.

Sydney - loved the harbour, transport system and beaches. Pricey like London though.

On the subs bench - Venice - definitely seek to avoid heat and busy times as shared - in general Italy is a beautiful nation with fascinating history and great food and ice cream!

I would love to go to some of the places that you are sharing.