Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Worst City in the world to visit?

Yeah, it''s crazy. I went to Istanbul and it was full of Turks.

Amsterdam.

Barcelona.

Dublin.

Not saying they are bad cities, but just wasn''t blown away by them.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]For me it has to be Kuwait City, Dirty and smelly and full of Arabs[/quote]

Portsmouth - hostile locals, plenty of empty parking spaces during high season. Says it all.

I was persuaded many years ago to visit Bombay. Absolute hellhole, no wonder so many have sought to emigrate to the UK!

Jerusalem. Too much to say to include in one post.

Mid Norfolk Canary,   Did you visit their museum ?  Seems to me their history is all about the time of the Pharaohs a big gap then the Suez crisis. and that''s it !

Whereas the UK''s history seems to be based on few patriotic films where the jolly old British always manage to thwart, and beat, Johnny Foreigner... and all his knavish tricks.That''s if you are so credulous as to swallow all that sort of old tosh.

Chisinau, Moldova, for me.

The "any city in China" remark is obviously from someone who''s barely been there

[quote user="Len"]I was persuaded many years ago to visit Bombay. Absolute hellhole, no wonder so many have sought to emigrate to the UK![/quote]Was is any different to the other Indian cities you might have visited?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Went to Manilla once, they were averaging 7 murders a day, one of the worst in the world.[/quote]Will 2nd that. I turned up after bumming around South East Asian which is very safe in general and found shops/banks have guards armed with shotguns and generally it was overcrowded and unpleasant. Go enjoy the rest of the Philippines(scuba diving etc) and they speak English in that country which is a shame the Capital is rubbish as I''d consider working there.

It''s not a city but a large proportion of the population have gone there without actually having been there as such. Down Jubilee Way straight onto the ferry.

I refer to Dover. Awful little place, yet world re-known for obvious reasons.

Try being stuck there for the day/night and you will get my drift. Pokey, second class and boring.

(P.S. There have never been bluebirds anywhere near the place either.)

Paris?

Sure the touristy areas are pretty & nice, but has anybody been to the Stade De France? Again, nice around the stadium but the areas around it in Saint Denis are horrific