Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Team for tomorrow

Right, after an eventful international break, back to the proper stuff. 3pm tomorrow v Hull City.

Are Oliveira and Stiepermann fit? Any other injuries? Watkins starts his 3 match suspension. Hull are the top scorers in the division but only Burton have conceded more. I watched them get thumped by Derby a couple of weeks ago, so here''s hoping for an entertaining game.

Gunn

Pinto Zimmermann Klose Stiepermann

Tettey Trybull

Wildschut Maddison Murphy

Oliveira

Husband''s form is on an upward curve, so a bit harsh to drop him I think. May not be a decision to make if Stiep''s still injured.

Obviously Cam in if Nelson''s not ready.

Otherwise, looks good to me. Not 100% convinced by Murphy so far this season, but would still start him here.

Gunn

Pinto Zimmermann Klose Stiepermann

Trybull Maddison

Wildschut Wes Murphy

Jerome

Subs Matthews Husband Hanley Vrancic Tettey Reed Oliveira

Rest Tettey, but dont think we will need him to enforce this one and save him for Ipswich and wolves.

possibly reed for wes but either should give us more attacking options,

Olly apparently not fully recovered so on bench to avoid a recurrence and further absence

Think this may be a game to play just 1 "winger" and have wed and madders start. Would probably plump for josh this time out at home after a decent rest.

Gunn

Pinto

Husband

Klose

Zimmermann

Tettey

Trybull

Hoolahan

Murphy

Maddison

Oliveira

Subs

Matthews

Hanley

Stiepermann

Wildschut

Reed

Jerome

Vrancic

GunnPinto Zimmermann Klose HusbandTettey TrybullWildschut Maddison MurphyJeromeMcGovern, Hanley, Stiepermann, Reed, Hoolahan, Vrancic, Oliveira.

I don''t know much about Hull but I am not sure we need 2 in front of the defence. I''d be tempted to stick just with Trybull in front of the CBs and push Madders alongside Wes as central AMs. I''d also be tempted to put Vrancic out left instead of Murphy and save him if we need some pace at the end of the game.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I don''t know much about Hull but I am not sure we need 2 in front of the defence. I''d be tempted to stick just with Trybull in front of the CBs and push Madders alongside Wes as central AMs. I''d also be tempted to put Vrancic out left instead of Murphy and save him if we need some pace at the end of the game.[/quote]Vrancic on the left?You are LDC and I claim my five pounds.

Yeah, I know. Its a bit wacky, but hey its the big advantage of not having to actually make the decision or live with the consequences!!

I agree with resting Tettey for this one as I would prefer him to be up and running and injury free for the derby game.

Reed alongside Trybul is a pretty good combo, with perhaps a bit more attacking prowess.

Also, isn''t AT one yellow away from suspension?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Yeah, I know. Its a bit wacky, but hey its the big advantage of not having to actually make the decision or live with the consequences!![/quote][:)]I''d sooner play Wes on the left than Vrancic. I know he''s less effective out there, but he''s done it before. Vrancic often seems to let the game pass him by when he''s playing in the centre of the park, so he might be even more peripheral on the left. Can''t imagine him offering much defensive support to Husband/Stiepermann either.

Bad news - Alex Tettey out for 4 to 8 weeks (calf injury in training), Josh Murphy broke a toe but will be back for Ipswich

Naismith & Martin still out

Watkins injured but suspended anyway

Good News - Stiepermann & Nelson are nearly there but not ready for 90 mins so starting on bench. Vrancic is fit

That''s all the news from the presso

That''s really bad news about Tettey, particularly for next week which is the sort of game where we need him. Reed comes in then I guess.

Hull are good on the flanks. I would play Wildshut for this one to keep them occupied/track back. Vrancic not the man to play wide in this game.

Me too.

I wonder whether Middleton is anywhere near ready for a run out at first team level. We could do with another wide option at the moment.

I guess the only other thing he might consider is playing Stiepermann and Husband as a combo on the left but he suggests that Stiepermann is not ready for 90 minutes.

Bar any more surprises it''ll be Rogue''s selection I would imagine, unless Murphy is fit enough to start ahead of one of Wildschut/Maddison or Wes

A bit late now but perhaps we should have kept quiet about tettey, started him, got him a booking then subbed him with an "injury"...

hahaha tettey''s jig. The amount of injuries is a real concern. struggling for numbers on the bench, and that includes 2 cbs (hanley and Franke) and 2 not quite ready (Nelson and stiepermann). there will be at least a couple of call ups from the u23s, I would have thought. Expecting to see Adam Phillips today. Without tettey, Godfrey for the squad would have been a great option, although his loan spell is doing him a world of good, it seems, and should benefit us, one way or the other, longer term.