Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Thread

Team:-

Norwich (4-2-3-1): Gunn; Pinto (C), Klose, Zimmermann, Husband; Reed, Trybull; Vrancic, Maddison, Wildschut; Jerome. Subs: McGovern (GK), Hanley, Franke, Stiepermann, Cantwell, Hoolahan, Oliveira

Seems to pick it''s self due to injuries and their recoveries (Murphy, Oliveira, Stiepermann) and perhaps Wes is being given a rest due to his international exertions.

A very big opportunity for Vrancic to re-establish himself then.

We have good strength in depth. What say a Wildshutt blinder?

Pleased about Cantwell.

Competition for places looks good. Klose and Zim have to know that they have to maintain standards with Franke and Hanley sat waiting for a chance to get in, Reed has to show he can help maintain the solidity we''ve found with a revitalised Tettey. Wildschut and Vrancic desperately need good performances to be in with a shout of future starts and Jerome knows Oliveira is waiting to shoot for the starting spot again.Happy for Cantwell but have to wonder out of all the u23s, why it would be him that has been called up- Maddison starting, Wes on the bench means there would have to be a monumental shift to see him come on. If Stiepermann isn''t really fit, I would have guessed Middleton.

Anyone know if this game is being broadcast somewhere i cant seem to get the video on ifollow using my vpn

Barnsley 2 ''Boro 1 after just nine minutes .... and Tom Bradshaw (who I want us to sign) has yet to get his customary goal for the Tykes.

Playing right into Hulls hands here.

Dominate without scoring, concede on the break, now devoid of ideas. Static in the middle & up top, Hull happy for us to knock it sideways across the halfway line when they have 10 men behind the ball.

Home form is a worry atm, no goals in almost 3 1/2 games (early goal v Brum)

Insipid first half from the home team. Aside from set plays, our ball into the box have been woeful. No real stars for me in the first half - a lot of nothing apart from the one clear chance which Wildschut fluffed. Best of a bad bunch for me would be Madison and Trybull.

Vrancic is a passenger today- one or two great passes but offers nothing off the ball, no support for Pinto and no real running.

Wildschut still has zero end product and missed a sitter.

The goal game from some awful centre half play- one of them was about 10 yards behind the other and allowed Dicko to be onside.

All in all its been too static and slow with lots of sideways passing and not enough movement. Get Wes on for Vrancic.

We miss Tettey''s physical dominance. Madison is playing too deep - he should be supporting Jerome more. Vrancic has lovely skills, but just doesn''t do enough.

We''re starting to look a tad complacent. Daniel needs to give them a kick up the jacksy.

We are dominating possession now because Hull are defending deep in numbers, which is what most teams coming to Carrow Road do, especially when they''ve gone ahead. We do the same playing away. All domination of possession is not equal. 

From those that are there, how is Jerome playing.

He puts a shift in but don''t really feel he possesses such a goal threat these days.

Hopefully Olive branch comes on and gives us more potency in front of goal later on

Funny how we have numerous chances and can''t score and they have one and kill us.

If Oliveira is on the bench he ought to be on with half hour left.

Free kick edge of box and two men in the area? Fill the blooming box and make them defend.

Never mind training ground tactics. Practise crossing!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Hides the full story, delighted with a point but lots of questions surrounding our home performances[/quote]

We''ve all seen us lose playing absolutely brilliantly, also hiding the full story.

Great point given the circumstances, but for me it raises more questions that it answers.

On the plus side we were dogged at times, had a lot of grit and managed to grind out a goal when it mattered. The team spirit and fight is definitely there.

On the negative side, we just look a bit clueless in the final third still. Maddison''s long range efforts aside, we look so limp up front. Jerome was unlucky with the header after some great defending to knock it out of his reach but other than that no real chances of note. Our finishing/shooting in general was awful. Vrancic, Maddison and Wes all guilty of taking too long or missing the target from good positions.

The most frustrating thing was playing against 10 men with 5 minutes to go and we had all our players in their half. Firstly, the only player in the box was Jerome - what was everyone else doing?! Secondly, why were we trying to cross it in from such narrow angles when both wide players were screaming for the ball on multiple occasions?! Then, we have the time it takes for the cross to come in, and then when it does, often the cross was poor or behind all the players or, worse still, didn''t even beat the first man.

A really disappointing display, especially at home. I know it is difficult playing against ten men at times, especially a goal down, but we really didn''t help ourselves. Thank god for Nelson!