Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Fleming will NOT be Dropped !!!

After reading that Davenport will definitely start on Sunday...it remains a question of who he will replace?  Although Worthy is keeping that decision quite...it is obvious by this Worthy quote that Shackell will be the one to make way...

“If you look at the backbone of the team - Robert Green, Craig Fleming, Youssef Safri and Dean Ashton up front - there''s no reason why we can''t do well.”

He considers Fleming to be in the backbone of our team.  I would normally like to see Shacks partnering Davenport, but if his form has dipped slightly, I would rather see Doc partner him instead of Fleming.

Well in his column today Worthy seriously criticised Fleming (albeit not by name).

"an abysmal piece of defending from a very experienced defender led to their first goal".

Still took Shackell off though !!

we all know it will be shackell dropped! he wont drop his captain will he? that would mean hed have to make another decision too he struggles to make one decent decision let alone 2 but if he does drop fleming ( which we ALL hope) who will be captain? i would like to see safri as skipper or hughes, what about you lot?

Hughes, shacks and Hux are the only ones who show any leadership skills but not particularly well;  probably Hughes as the arm band passes from one runner to another.

Its an academic question as itlooks like flem will be playing - we all know that.

OTBC  

iv never been a worthy out person. but dropping shackell for fleming is probably the most annoying thing he could do for me. I cannot stand it when that useless, paceless weak wally is played ahead of our best defender

[quote]After reading that Davenport will definitely start on Sunday...it remains a question of who he will replace? Although Worthy is keeping that decision quite...it is obvious by this Worthy quote that S...[/quote]

Wrong, but he is on the subs bench - so he''ll probably come on after 5 minutes