Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Puppet

[quote user="Derby Canary"]You can shout what you like Nuffsaid but facts will remain facts![/quote]And facts are precisely what you appear to have trouble both understanding and accepting...

People leaving the match Saturday were saying it''s the worst Norwich team they have seen in 40 years ,time to wake up Indy Bones and stop posting absolute twaddle . Farke has not got a clue and whoever it was who signed all this non league rubbish should not be allowed anywhere near a professional football club .

Indy bones has been on fire today!

Now if we can just avoid a RvW thread till tomorrow he''ll finish on 100%!

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]People leaving the match Saturday were saying it''s the worst Norwich team they have seen in 40 years, time to wake up Indy Bones and stop posting absolute twaddle[/quote]Anyone who genuinely thinks this is the worst Norwich side in 40 years, clearly knows jack all about football, and thusly their opinion can be rightfully ignored.I know that I''d certainly take our current squad over our 08/09 squad every single day of the week (although I''d love to have a couple of players like Drury or Shackell in our existing setup), unless you think Cody Mac is better than Nelson, that Pattison is better than Reed or that Otsemobor would make Pinto look bad...???[quote]Farke has not got a clue[/quote]A judgement based on a mere 5 games, are you related to Nostradamus? [quote]and whoever it was who signed all this non league rubbish should not be allowed anywhere near a professional football club .[/quote]It''s the same guy who signed similar ''non-league rubbish'' for Huddersfield, yet who are currently playing in the PL using a large number of those ''non-league rubbish'' players, and doing quite well so far...strange that isn''t it...

[quote user="hogesar"]Indy bones has been on fire today!

Now if we can just avoid a RvW thread till tomorrow he''ll finish on 100%![/quote]Oh FFS Hog, you had to tempt me didn''t you... [;)]

The facts are we are performing badly and near the bottom of the table.

That some believe more time should be given is hope, not fact. It is presuming an improvement.

Given the very few games so far I respect the point of view, but don''t share it. Will be absolutely delighted if you''re right Indy, but unlike in the past I don''t share the feeling this will come good.

Fingers crossed though - I''d rather be wrong and smiling on a Saturday evening.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="hogesar"]Indy bones has been on fire today!

Now if we can just avoid a RvW thread till tomorrow he''ll finish on 100%![/quote]Oh FFS Hog, you had to tempt me didn''t you... [;)][/quote]I promise this is not an attempt to start it all over again but the debacle at Millwall did have one beneficial side-effect - that no-one seemed to notice that the player who must not be mentioned scored again at the weekend...

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Are we going to be another Watford ?    [/quote]

I certainly wouldn''t mind a 3rd successive season in the Prem, being on a sound financial footing, whilst flicking the Vs to all the so-called football media experts who still haven''t worked out how their business model works.

I really haven''t got a clue on that one Fenway, but I guess if it is ''our Ricky'' may well soon pop up on a list of our transfer targets...

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Herman"]He''s had five games at our beloved club you whinging ghoul.[/quote] Old lad, it''s not the number of games they''ve had it''s the totally inept recruitment (so far) and the inability to demonstrate the slightest tactical nous![/quote]
[quote user="Time to go Delia"]People leaving the match Saturday were saying it''s the worst Norwich team they have seen in 40 years ,time to wake up Indy Bones and stop posting absolute twaddle . Farke has not got a clue and whoever it was who signed all this non league rubbish should not be allowed anywhere near a professional football club .[/quote]
Who''s been managing these expectations......

Hahahaahahaahahahaahahahah another stupid Derby Canary overreaction. Him and Lincoln should start a podcast.

[quote user="Derby Canary"] The trouble is though that the gradual spiral downward of our beloved Club over the past eighteen months only goes to confirm that the doom mongers have been absolutely right![/quote]I am one of those ''doom mongers. And I would suggest it has been more than 18 months... more like 18 years, since Sheepshanks was given access to your club''s cheque book, and you slide began.A club now nearly £100m in debt, playing to a half empty stadium and a squad policy that is based around rummaging though the bins to drag in other clubs cast offs.Still, it is you club''s ''cup final'' next Sunday so if you can''t fill up the ground I hope you will give some of it a bit of a tidy up.

I''m not going to say ''I told you so'', but simply that there was WAY too much overreaction earlier in the season, and WAY too many nonsensical statements being hurled around when a calmer head was needed.We''re still not out of the woods yet, but all the signs since the original post have been very good, we''ve maintained defensive solidity in most games (albeit at the cost of having less attacking fare in some cases), and many of the newer players have really started to settle like Zimmermann, Trybull and even the badly maligned Husband (who being fair was pretty awful in his early games).I''m not going to comment on this thread again - unless we gain promotion this year under Farke, at which point I will be putting myself into ''Smug Mode'' however [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]The management set up is not complicated in the least. If Farke can''t get things going well, he can be replaced as head coach. That is not complicated, in fact the system is quite simple.  Also, the club is going to live within it''s means and that is a good thing. If you know the club history you will know that money has always been a big issue - and having got ourselves in the enviable position of being debt free, the future is bright.  No more threats of bancruptcy (2008), no more throwing money at the team and then being way too far in debt (1994) no more fans needing to donate money to help fund transfers (Huckerby) etc etc - and this goes back into the 50''s and 60''s to,. In short, financially, we are as stable financially as we ever have been and the trust that is to be set up will protect that into the future. So we''re not PL, so we will have to be clever to stay competitive amongst the richer clubs. That is how it always has been at Norwich and that is the way of things. If people don''t like that, then maybe it is they who have the problem, not the football club. We have a big fanbase which will always be an advantage and even if we lose a few fans who feel their self-entitled wishes aren''t being met, then we will still have a big fanbase who appreciate what the club are trying to do.

[/quote]Lakey money has only become an issue since Murdoch brought Sky onto the scene as up until then we were all on a level playing field with virtually anybody capable of winning the League or FA Cup. We have watched it all pass us by despite sitting at the top table for long periods of time in the last 25 years or so.As for this trust nonsense Jack Walker left £200 million which a few years ago was an absolute fortune in footballing terms in a trust for Blackburn Rovers and look where that got them. Anyway who would run such a trust at Norwich City ? I suggest if there are people around Norwich or Norfolk with business nous connected in any way with our football club they should be on board now and not when potless,pointless Tom takes over the majority shareholding.[/quote]Would not agree anybody could win the league prior to the PL, it was mostly Liverpool and Arsenal for many years - Notts forest and Derby only did it because of an extrordinary manager.  As for the trust thing, it is a protection for the club - if you look back, the very reason DS and MJW bought in to the club was to protect it for the future.   By luck or judgement they did that, with some fantastic years of promotion and PL status in the process.  So the club is financially stable and with little or no debt - and that could not be said to have been the case for many years and the trust will mean that stays true for the long term.  Also, as I understand it, the trust does not preclude investment coming in, it just stops investment of the wrong kind. Potless we may be, but who is going to invest anyway??  At least we are solvent and will stay that way.  Southampton had to go into  administration before they got sorted with an investor. Would anyone wish administration/bancruptcy on our club??

[/quote]

We will not be able to stay solvent.

Once the parachute payments run out and all the best players have been sold then we will start racking up big debts as before.

History has shown that NCFC typically lose £4-5 million per year without any external money.

That is why a sheikh needs to step in.

A good sheikh would spend £61 million to buy the club stock, lock and barrel. Then spend £40 million to get the ground capacity up to 35,000. Then spend £20 million on an overhaul of Colney. Then provide a warchest of £880 million to win the EPL and Champions League.

Easy as 2-3-1.

"A good sheikh"I should imagine most folk on here would think it is you. pig mince, that needs a good shake