Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Puppet

Sadly it seems that Farke is a Webber puppet! He appears unwilling to admit that the personnel (recruited by Webber) are bang average and they (and he) are clearly not up to the job. Never mind patience, all the patience in the world will not bring this lot into the ''shape'' that will achieve this Club''s ambitions.

We are in no better position (in fact worse) than under the stewardship of Alex Neil and now have such a complicated management set up that would be extortionately expensive to unravel.

The fundamental problem with our Club is that we continue to have owners and a board that have not got a clue and despite all those that tell us how Delia saved our Club it is clear now that she will eventually leave it in a far worse state than she found it!

The management set up is not complicated in the least. If Farke can''t get things going well, he can be replaced as head coach. That is not complicated, in fact the system is quite simple.  Also, the club is going to live within it''s means and that is a good thing. If you know the club history you will know that money has always been a big issue - and having got ourselves in the enviable position of being debt free, the future is bright.  No more threats of bancruptcy (2008), no more throwing money at the team and then being way too far in debt (1994) no more fans needing to donate money to help fund transfers (Huckerby) etc etc - and this goes back into the 50''s and 60''s to,. In short, financially, we are as stable financially as we ever have been and the trust that is to be set up will protect that into the future. So we''re not PL, so we will have to be clever to stay competitive amongst the richer clubs. That is how it always has been at Norwich and that is the way of things. If people don''t like that, then maybe it is they who have the problem, not the football club. We have a big fanbase which will always be an advantage and even if we lose a few fans who feel their self-entitled wishes aren''t being met, then we will still have a big fanbase who appreciate what the club are trying to do.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Sadly it seems that Farke is a Webber puppet! He appears unwilling to admit that the personnel (recruited by Webber) are bang average and they (and he) are clearly not up to the job. Never mind patience, all the patience in the world will not bring this lot into the ''shape'' that will achieve this Club''s ambitions.

We are in no better position (in fact worse) than under the stewardship of Alex Neil and now have such a complicated management set up that would be extortionately expensive to unravel.

The fundamental problem with our Club is that we continue to have owners and a board that have not got a clue and despite all those that tell us how Delia saved our Club it is clear now that she will eventually leave it in a far worse state than she found it![/quote]
If you find our current structure complicated then I suggest any response on this thread is going to confuse you.

It''s too simple, in that if things don''t go right Farke can easily be replaced.

But where a normal change of manager can lead to different playing styles, set ups etc, here any new head coach will have to buy into Webbers philosophy.

So actually if we think what we are trying to do is wrong, calling for a change of manager/head coach isn''t going backwards to change anything except having a new face in the dugout

[quote user="lake district canary"]The management set up is not complicated in the least. If Farke can''t get things going well, he can be replaced as head coach. That is not complicated, in fact the system is quite simple.  Also, the club is going to live within it''s means and that is a good thing. If you know the club history you will know that money has always been a big issue - and having got ourselves in the enviable position of being debt free, the future is bright.  No more threats of bancruptcy (2008), no more throwing money at the team and then being way too far in debt (1994) no more fans needing to donate money to help fund transfers (Huckerby) etc etc - and this goes back into the 50''s and 60''s to,. In short, financially, we are as stable financially as we ever have been and the trust that is to be set up will protect that into the future. So we''re not PL, so we will have to be clever to stay competitive amongst the richer clubs. That is how it always has been at Norwich and that is the way of things. If people don''t like that, then maybe it is they who have the problem, not the football club. We have a big fanbase which will always be an advantage and even if we lose a few fans who feel their self-entitled wishes aren''t being met, then we will still have a big fanbase who appreciate what the club are trying to do.

[/quote]Lakey money has only become an issue since Murdoch brought Sky onto the scene as up until then we were all on a level playing field with virtually anybody capable of winning the League or FA Cup. We have watched it all pass us by despite sitting at the top table for long periods of time in the last 25 years or so.As for this trust nonsense Jack Walker left £200 million which a few years ago was an absolute fortune in footballing terms in a trust for Blackburn Rovers and look where that got them. Anyway who would run such a trust at Norwich City ? I suggest if there are people around Norwich or Norfolk with business nous connected in any way with our football club they should be on board now and not when potless,pointless Tom takes over the majority shareholding.

people say its easy to replace Farke but it may well be Webber who is the problem ??

Huddersfield are doing fine without him

They seemed to want Wagner more than webber

why did he leave a team that was doing so well ??

the more i see the more i think it was Wagner at Huddersfield

also why would we want to keep Webbers new set up if it is not working ?

he got Huddersfield up ( or close before he left ) but lambert did the same for us and has not repeated it since so why do some think Webber is a God like figure all he has done so far is sold the family silver and bought cheaply which was needed to keep the club afloat if we do not go up

he is working on a shoe string i admit but what has he done so far which is given anyone any hope ?

so far himself and farke have got us playing with 70 % possession and losing 4-0 thats not going to get us up or any improvement

[quote user="norfolkngood"]people say its easy to replace Farke but it may well be Webber who is the problem ??

Huddersfield are doing fine without him

They seemed to want Wagner more than webber

why did he leave a team that was doing so well ??

the more i see the more i think it was Wagner at Huddersfield

also why would we want to keep Webbers new set up if it is not working ?

he got Huddersfield up ( or close before he left ) but lambert did the same for us and has not repeated it since so why do some think Webber is a God like figure all he has done so far is sold the family silver and bought cheaply which was needed to keep the club afloat if we do not go up

he is working on a shoe string i admit but what has he done so far which is given anyone any hope ?

so far himself and farke have got us playing with 70 % possession and losing 4-0 thats not going to get us up or any improvement[/quote]

Exactly Norfolkngood! I suspect Webber ''got lucky'' once in appointing the right man who almost certainly is the reason for Huddersfield''s success. A little bit like we thought McNally was our saviour after he appointed Lambert. We know only too well what happened post PL!

Unravelling this mess goes far beyond just replacing Farke!

I can see the logic in the structure it''s just we have appointed the wrong people in terms of Farke/Webber

A Nigel worthington/lambert combination now that would be great

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]The management set up is not complicated in the least. If Farke can''t get things going well, he can be replaced as head coach. That is not complicated, in fact the system is quite simple.  Also, the club is going to live within it''s means and that is a good thing. If you know the club history you will know that money has always been a big issue - and having got ourselves in the enviable position of being debt free, the future is bright.  No more threats of bancruptcy (2008), no more throwing money at the team and then being way too far in debt (1994) no more fans needing to donate money to help fund transfers (Huckerby) etc etc - and this goes back into the 50''s and 60''s to,. In short, financially, we are as stable financially as we ever have been and the trust that is to be set up will protect that into the future. So we''re not PL, so we will have to be clever to stay competitive amongst the richer clubs. That is how it always has been at Norwich and that is the way of things. If people don''t like that, then maybe it is they who have the problem, not the football club. We have a big fanbase which will always be an advantage and even if we lose a few fans who feel their self-entitled wishes aren''t being met, then we will still have a big fanbase who appreciate what the club are trying to do.

[/quote]Lakey money has only become an issue since Murdoch brought Sky onto the scene as up until then we were all on a level playing field with virtually anybody capable of winning the League or FA Cup. We have watched it all pass us by despite sitting at the top table for long periods of time in the last 25 years or so.As for this trust nonsense Jack Walker left £200 million which a few years ago was an absolute fortune in footballing terms in a trust for Blackburn Rovers and look where that got them. Anyway who would run such a trust at Norwich City ? I suggest if there are people around Norwich or Norfolk with business nous connected in any way with our football club they should be on board now and not when potless,pointless Tom takes over the majority shareholding.[/quote]Would not agree anybody could win the league prior to the PL, it was mostly Liverpool and Arsenal for many years - Notts forest and Derby only did it because of an extrordinary manager.  As for the trust thing, it is a protection for the club - if you look back, the very reason DS and MJW bought in to the club was to protect it for the future.   By luck or judgement they did that, with some fantastic years of promotion and PL status in the process.  So the club is financially stable and with little or no debt - and that could not be said to have been the case for many years and the trust will mean that stays true for the long term.  Also, as I understand it, the trust does not preclude investment coming in, it just stops investment of the wrong kind. Potless we may be, but who is going to invest anyway??  At least we are solvent and will stay that way.  Southampton had to go into  administration before they got sorted with an investor. Would anyone wish administration/bancruptcy on our club??

[quote user="Derby Canary"]I suspect Webber ''got lucky'' once in appointing the right man who almost certainly is the reason for Huddersfield''s success.[/quote]So he not only got lucky with the coach appointment, but with the majority of players he signed, who then not only got them promoted, but who have also helped them off to a great start in the PL.Surprised Webber isn''t living in Vegas if he''s that f**king lucky...

[quote user="Derby Canary"]A little bit like we thought McNally was our saviour after he appointed Lambert. We know only too well what happened post PL!

Unravelling this mess goes far beyond just replacing Farke![/quote]McNally was lucky that Etty Smith scouted Grant Holt. [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Derby Canary"]I suspect Webber ''got lucky'' once in appointing the right man who almost certainly is the reason for Huddersfield''s success.[/quote]So he not only got lucky with the coach appointment, but with the majority of players he signed, who then not only got them promoted, but who have also helped them off to a great start in the PL.Surprised Webber isn''t living in Vegas if he''s that f**king lucky...[/quote]

Don’t kid yourself that it was Webber that identified the players at Huddersfield it will have been Wagner just like it is Farke here. Webber would simply have dealt with the negotiation. The difference between the Huddersfield situation and the mess that we have is simply that the former is a competent Manager and the latter is utterly and totally out of his depth!

Dress it up in whatever fancy names you want - Webber is the manager, and Farke his assistant.

The only advantage is for Webber, in that in his new job he can avoid the sack by blaming any idiot who is prepared to work with the dross he has bought in.

The interest in Hanley shows how inadequate the defensive signings have been, and that his naive philosophy didn''t last half a dozen games.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Don’t kid yourself that it was Webber that identified the players at Huddersfield it will have been Wagner just like it is Farke here. Webber would simply have dealt with the negotiation. The difference between the Huddersfield situation and the mess that we have is simply that the former is a competent Manager and the latter is utterly and totally out of his depth![/quote]Don''t kid yourself that it was Wagner and not Webber identifying the players.His role at Liverpool was director of academy recruitment, where he was VERY highly thought of by the likes of Comolli, he then moved from Liverpool to Wolves as head of recruitment, was then appointed by Huddersfield as head of football relations (which again involves recruitment), and now to us as sporting director (which guess what? involves recruitment).The real truth is that posters like you are just making $hit up in order to try and take a stick to the club, which is both pathetic and utterly sad, not to mention factually inaccurate.

Thanks Herman,Although I think a few would argue that one due to my defence of RvW and suggested signings over the years... [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Derby Canary"]Don’t kid yourself that it was Webber that identified the players at Huddersfield it will have been Wagner just like it is Farke here. Webber would simply have dealt with the negotiation. The difference between the Huddersfield situation and the mess that we have is simply that the former is a competent Manager and the latter is utterly and totally out of his depth![/quote]Don''t kid yourself that it was Wagner and not Webber identifying the players.His role at Liverpool was director of academy recruitment, where he was VERY highly thought of by the likes of Comolli, he then moved from Liverpool to Wolves as head of recruitment, was then appointed by Huddersfield as head of football relations (which again involves recruitment), and now to us as sporting director (which guess what? involves recruitment).The real truth is that posters like you are just making $hit up in order to try and take a stick to the club, which is both pathetic and utterly sad, not to mention factually inaccurate.[/quote]

Liverpool to Wolves to Huddersfield to Norwich? Whatever the role does n''t appear much like career progression to me! Anyway you keep believing all the way to L1. PS By the way unlike the other poster I DON''T think you make much sense!

Or in RVW''s case, shank hopelessly into the stand. But Herman is right, Indy Bones you''re doing a sterling job fending off the assembled mongers-of-doom.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Liverpool to Wolves to Huddersfield to Norwich? Whatever the role does n''t appear much like career progression to me![/quote]That''s clearly because you''re too busy looking for sticks to beat the club to actually see what''s in front of you.From part time coach to head of youth during his 5 years at Wrexham, moving to Liverpool as senior national scout and then to director of academy recruitment, then onto QPR as chief scout, before then going to Wolves as full head of recruitment, then to Huddersfield as head of football operations, and then to sporting director with us, it''s a VERY clear upwards progression in role all the way from part time coach to basically director of football, and despite him having to somewhat downgrade from Liverpool to begin with, this is an extremely impressive upwards curve from a guy who started his coaching badges aged just 16!Any more nonsense you want me to completely trash and disprove, or are you actually smart enough to quit whilst you''re behind???

To be fair the role he has here is a step up from his role at Huddersfield I believe. Hence he didn''t look at the respective positions of the clubs, he looked at it from a selfish, career-based, personal point of view (which is I am sure what most of us would do)

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]To be fair the role he has here is a step up from his role at Huddersfield I believe. Hence he didn''t look at the respective positions of the clubs, he looked at it from a selfish, career-based, personal point of view (which is I am sure what most of us would do)[/quote]Exactly RB.I don''t think you''d find many people who would be willing to stick in a 30k a year job for a highly regarded company, if they could get a better role and a 150k salary at a somewhat less respected company (but who are still held in good regard) instead.Assuming Webber performs well here, there''s no reason why he can''t continue his personal progression and possibly even end up back at Liverpool at some time - but in a significantly more important role, with a significantly higher wages in the process...

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Or in RVW''s case, shank hopelessly into the stand. But Herman is right, Indy Bones you''re doing a sterling job fending off the assembled mongers-of-doom.[/quote]

It''s ok as you put it ''fending off the mongers of doom'' on here. The trouble is though that the gradual spiral downward of our beloved Club over the past eighteen months only goes to confirm that the doom mongers have been absolutely right!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]To be fair the role he has here is a step up from his role at Huddersfield I believe. Hence he didn''t look at the respective positions of the clubs, he looked at it from a selfish, career-based, personal point of view (which is I am sure what most of us would do)[/quote]Exactly RB.I don''t think you''d find many people who would be willing to stick in a 30k a year job for a highly regarded company, if they could get a better role and a 150k salary at a somewhat less respected company (but who are still held in good regard) instead.Assuming Webber performs well here, there''s no reason why he can''t continue his personal progression and possibly even end up back at Liverpool at some time - but in a significantly more important role, with a significantly higher wages in the process...[/quote]

From what I''ve seen of our Sporting Director and Head Coach so far there is only one way his/their career goes from here. How''s life in cloud cuckoo land?

[quote user="Herman"]He''s had five games at our beloved club you whinging ghoul.[/quote]

Old lad, it''s not the number of games they''ve had it''s the totally inept recruitment (so far) and the inability to demonstrate the slightest tactical nous!

Can I just shout "Huzzah!" for Indy Bones (although i think we know what Wiz would be saying if he were still here). Patiently and comprehensively shooting down (insert RVW joke to taste) those having tantrums like toddlers who can''t have ice cream RIGHT NOW!!!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Can I just shout "Huzzah!" for Indy Bones (although i think we know what Wiz would be saying if he were still here). Patiently and comprehensively shooting down (insert RVW joke to taste) those having tantrums like toddlers who can''t have ice cream RIGHT NOW!!![/quote]

You can shout what you like Nuffsaid but facts will remain facts!