Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Oliveira winding up Ipswich fans already!

Unfortunately he cannot be expected to know of their ''glorious history''; as he was born around a decade after it ended !

[quote user="Rhubarb"]Unfortunately he cannot be expected to know of their ''glorious history''; as he was born around a decade after it ended ![/quote]

Weren''t we all Rhubarb, and I''m over 70!

I just had a look on there.

It''s working Nelson.

This comment is class though.

"hope he breaks his leg in training this week and has to retire."

Everything, but everything seems so sad about that little club.

[quote user="Rhubarb"]Unfortunately he cannot be expected to know of their ''glorious history''; as he was born around a decade after it ended ![/quote]Very dim and distant past. I have a childhood recollection of it.[;)]

"Very dim and distant past."A very dim present as well as far as those farm hands are concerned

Don''t think they''ll like Oliveira much either. Looking forward to how much Maddison is going to wind them up as well, seems to get us 5-10 really soft free kicks a game.

We''ve done the whole smashing them 5-1 away thing. An early goal followed by totally spoiling the game and winding them up like our last few away performances would be brilliant!

I''d prefer it if he had not said this stuff. I''m sure some of it is slightly lost in translation but this will be used as motivation by McCarthy and if he plays Nelson and his short fuse will be targeted.

great job Nelson :-)

Now, I am tempted by him gaining a goal scoring red card double - what are the odds?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d prefer it if he had not said this stuff. I''m sure some of it is slightly lost in translation but this will be used as motivation by McCarthy and if he plays Nelson and his short fuse will be targeted.[/quote]

Incredibly stupid of the EDP to report it. It''s great he feels that way but what is the point of giving Mccarthy a free team talk!

Several postings on TWTD and they are really getting worked up about it. Genuine anger no less.

It''s also given them another chance to mention their world famous history, such as it was, but they really need little excuse to do that. It''s virtually a daily ritual and even though it amounts to very little in the grand scheme of things, and was all ages ago in any case, we must be gracious as it seems to be all they have and the fact that it remains such a very big thing in that particular backwater just emphasises their inferiority complex.

To misquote Churchill: "Never in the history of sporting achievement has so much been made of so little by so many."

Come on Ollie rub it in with a brace.

We bumped into Nelson on Saurday after the Hull match, and i asked him what he said to McGregor (sure most of you saw him having a go at him after his celebration) after the last minute goal. And he said i just told him the truth "He is a w####r", seems our Nelson loike people to know what he is thinking.

Doubt he ll start as Farke said hes still not right didn''t he so guess he ll come off the bench

Still its getting them all in a tizwaz on the Ipswich forums

I don''t think Oliveira is as much winding up the binners as they are themselves.He didn''t say much beyond what he would be expected to say, and given how things are and have been for a while he is noy far off the truthIt is their head up their own backside belief that they are something ''special'' that sets them off like a cage full off monkeys in a thunder storm, every time the merest hint about their lowly status is put out.If, as they are now bleating, his comments have been a real boost to their teams determination then that says more about how bad things are than ever it does about his words.However we shall see come Sunday. Boll  ox about form books going out the window on derby games are just that...boll ox. Wins at Boro and Sheff Utd by us testify that, as do 41-1, 1-5 and 3-1 in the play offs. The result is often no more than the times a gial was scored rather than how the 90 mins of play were. A dodgy penalty decision/miss. All too often the width of a cross bar/post or the judgement of a linesman can decide the result more than ever a teams efforts can.

Hilarious thing is they''ve now had to actually drag some 81 year old relic from their ''glory days'' out to defend them and say NCFC will never be a bigger club than Ipswich hahaha. "Known worldwide", as deluded as the rest of them.

Theres something hilarious about the fact that they had to bring out an 81 year old to harp on about years before the majority of fans that will be there Sunday never experienced!

There was to be a parade before the game of fans who remember the binners last winning somethingIt has had to be cancelled, as it is thought that the various wheelchairs, zimmer frames and walking sticks might damage the pitch

That cant be true Rhubarb, the binners never have the ball on the ground so if anything it would give them an advantage

Good pointmaybe the cancellation is due to there not being many left now......... many that actually want to turn up at poorman road that is