Northern Canary

Today's team

Got the line ups and i guess its going to be this:

Green

Colin   Davenport  Doherty   Drury

Marney   Safri   Hughes   McVeigh

Ashton    Lisbie

Subs: Ward, Fleming, Huckerby, Brennan, Henderson

Unsuprisingly our best defender doesnt make the bench, why?
And is huckerby still in the cooler?

yeh i agree with you, northern canary, totally on this one, when i saw the starting 11 and the bench, the 1st thing that got me was, where''s Shackell? not even on the bench!!! does he have an injury that only worthy and co no about???....If i was a defender playing 4 scum today, and if i knew that Huckerby wasn''t starting against me, i would be mighty relived!

Probably because it was difficult enough for Worthy to drop his captain let alone not even put him on the bench.  At this rate I can see Shackell asking for a transfer and some big club coming in and getting him for peanuts.  The inclusion of Doherty today should ensure we will be giving numerous free kicks away just outside our box.

4-3-1-2...interesting. i would like be see it tried at somepoint today! WLY behind the front two will really suit him!!!!

ON THE BALL CITY!!!!!

It''s a make or break selection. Typically Worthington drops someone completely out of the squad, Shackell, and brings someone in who has not really figured in his plans, Docherty. The 4-3-1-2 is also a make or break decision.

If it works then well done to Worthy for being brave - if it fails then it smacked of panic.

with this amount of domination and superior play...watch the sweeping changes at half time to mess it all up....sorry to be the pessimist....or the realist..

Good formation (has worthy be reading these boards?:blink and the performance so far sounds excellent.   Must make it count in the second half.

My daughter is very happy that flem has been dropped but why o why is shackell not on the bench??  Talk about a scapegoat.

And if Doc is good enough to partner Davenport why wasnt he ever tried with shacks before we loaned in a replacement???

It is the sign of a manager under pressure - thank god!

OTBC 

I have to say, we are playing better than expected. We have to step up another gear in the second half and take advantage of the extra man. Maybe this is the match where we end our away duck?!?