Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Champ owners wealth

Interesting article about what were up against financially

The complete Championship club owner guide

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-club-owner-guide-tony-11362724#ICID=ios_TMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.

Doesnt really tell you much. Because how much the owner has is irrelevant - only how much they choose to invest matters. In which case the person who has 10 million and offers 1 is better than the guy with lots of millions and offers nothing. Marcus Evans cough, cough.

[quote user="king canary"]Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.[/quote]and silly old me thought that Delia/Wyn only held 56% of the sharesI stand correctedthank you, young master king

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="king canary"]Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.[/quote]and silly old me thought that Delia/Wyn only held 56% of the sharesI stand correctedthank you, young master king[/quote]At the last count it was 53.1 per cent of the shares, but in any event I am not sure what your point is. If, as apparently is the case, Smith and Jones plan to give what at 53.1 per cent is a  reasonably comfortable majority shareholding to their nephew then they will, as king canary sarcastically indicates, be signing the club over to him.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="king canary"]Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.[/quote]and silly old me thought that Delia/Wyn only held 56% of the sharesI stand correctedthank you, young master king[/quote]At the last count it was 53.1 per cent of the shares, but in any event I am not sure what your point is. If, as apparently is the case, Smith and Jones plan to give what at 53.1 per cent is a  reasonably comfortable majority shareholding to their nephew then they will, as king canary sarcastically indicates, be signing the club over to him.[/quote]I stand corrected. That extra holding will make all the difference I''m sureUnfortunately running a ''business'' is not simply a matter of holding a wafer thin majority of shares.If you imagine that the other 46% would happily sit by and accept anything then you are as deluded as bin canary - though perhaps not acting with the same intent,

*sigh*

Yes of course the only possible reason you wouldn''t want them to put their nephew in charge is being an Ipswich fan. Of course.

No, the only reason you would want to criticize that move is because you wish to attack the club, Delia, Wyn etcSomething that pretty much always emanates from those down the A140

The only reason?

You honestly think that is the only possible reason someone could have for not thinking it''s the best move?

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="king canary"]Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.[/quote]and silly old me thought that Delia/Wyn only held 56% of the sharesI stand correctedthank you, young master king[/quote]At the last count it was 53.1 per cent of the shares, but in any event I am not sure what your point is. If, as apparently is the case, Smith and Jones plan to give what at 53.1 per cent is a  reasonably comfortable majority shareholding to their nephew then they will, as king canary sarcastically indicates, be signing the club over to him.[/quote]I stand corrected. That extra holding will make all the difference I''m sureUnfortunately running a ''business'' is not simply a matter of holding a wafer thin majority of shares.If you imagine that the other 46% would happily sit by and accept anything then you are as deluded as bin canary - though perhaps not acting with the same intent,[/quote]You would probably get corrected less often if you were to stick to being wrong about stuff other posters don''t have a clue about rather than being wrong about stuff they do understand.

I would actually welcome being corrected more oftenBut simply posting up anti club attacks then continuing with them after a rebuttal, is hardly a correction

ps orf arht, back soon do play nicely

[quote user="king canary"]Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.[/quote]I presume the only way to become qualified is to be on the board of the club and gain some experience before taking over which is what is currently happening.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="king canary"]Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.[/quote]I presume the only way to become qualified is to be on the board of the club and gain some experience before taking over which is what is currently happening.

[/quote]

Wrong presumption.

In this day and age you cannot sit on a football club board unless you have a lot of money.

End of.

Or maybe it would be to make a name for yourself in some other field and have some money to invest into the club.

I just wonder what fans reaction would be if one of the much derided foreign owners in the league had declared they were putting their nephew, with zero relevant experience on charge. I imagine it would be laughed at and held as an example of the dangers of foreign ownership.

[quote user="king canary"]Or maybe it would be to make a name for yourself in some other field and have some money to invest into the club.

I just wonder what fans reaction would be if one of the much derided foreign owners in the league had declared they were putting their nephew, with zero relevant experience on charge. I imagine it would be laughed at and held as an example of the dangers of foreign ownership.[/quote]

Yes, but he''s not in charge at the minute, he''s learning the job.

[quote user="king canary"]Or maybe it would be to make a name for yourself in some other field and have some money to invest into the club.

I just wonder what fans reaction would be if one of the much derided foreign owners in the league had declared they were putting their nephew, with zero relevant experience on charge. I imagine it would be laughed at and held as an example of the dangers of foreign ownership.[/quote]

Didn''t that happen at Leicester, but with a son rather than a nephew? And they went on to win the Premiership.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="king canary"]Yes, God it would be awful if we had a dodgy foreign owner who would say...sign the club over to an entirely unqualified family member.[/quote]I presume the only way to become qualified is to be on the board of the club and gain some experience before taking over which is what is currently happening.

[/quote]

Wrong presumption.

In this day and age you cannot sit on a football club board unless you have a lot of money.

End of.[/quote]

Rubbish.  Anyone can sit on a board.  Money is not the main criteria.