Sign in to follow this  

FA showing how tough they can really be

Shaun Miller has been charged with the “successful deception of a match official” after winning a penalty for Carlisle United with a “clear act of simulation” during their 3-3 draw with Wycombe on Tuesday night.

It is the first time the FA has charged a player since new simulation laws were introduced in May.

The FA defines the offence for which players will be charged as "successful deception of a match official", and only incidents that result in a player winning a penalty or lead to an opponent being sent off will be punished.

I wonder why it was a League 2 player done rather than anyone from the Prem?

Good old FA. Punish the meek and cower from the powerful.

Perhaps it is time for this outmoded association to be completely reformed from top to bottom.

Yep. They pick on the easier targets just like motorists are considered cash cows nowadays whilst muggers get a wrap on the wrist and twenty minutes community service.

A friend of mine who owns a workshop (printing with modern stuff) was recently broken into and had some valuable tech equipment was removed by criminals who turned up in a van in the early hours (with the nous to negate his alarm system.)

I asked him what the police were doing about it and his response was:

"Very little, they didn''t park the van on a double yellow line did they?"

Sums it all up.

Has always been the case the lower league teams get hammered whilst the Premiership are allowed to get away with it. On another topic why haven''t Hull been charged six of their players surrounded the referee at the final whistle last Saturday.

The FA have long been unfit for purpose as proceedings this week have proven.

Touch a referee at junior level and it is an automatic five year ban. Ronaldo got five games.

The FA is nothing more than an old boys network that operates solely to keep money flowing into the game and to line their own pockets with it. Bunch of w4nk3rs the lot of them

Probably the same in every other nation as well. Far, far too much money flowing through the game which always attracts the scum of society to weasel and ar5e kiss their way in.

Pretty much every governing institution in football are a joke. Not a very funny one though

Not only is it questionable that they''ve gone after a league 2 target first but its questionable if it was actually simulation. None of the Carlisle players, miller included actually appealed for anything and were shocked at the penalty... Granted they could have been sporting and rolled the ball to the keeper but given some of the attempts to actually con the ref this seems harsh.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Yep. They pick on the easier targets just like motorists are considered cash cows nowadays whilst muggers get a wrap on the wrist and twenty minutes community service.

A friend of mine who owns a workshop (printing with modern stuff) was recently broken into and had some valuable tech equipment was removed by criminals who turned up in a van in the early hours (with the nous to negate his alarm system.)

I asked him what the police were doing about it and his response was:

"Very little, they didn''t park the van on a double yellow line did they?"

Sums it all up.[/quote]To be fair though Broadstairs, we did vote for a less effective police force. I don''t suggest that you say it to your friend''s face, but he can pay for the loss out of his reduced corporation tax bill [:(]