Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

How much do you loathe Ipswich?

God All Mighty , some people on here need to get a life and quickly! I don''t like them and I want three points for my club on sunday, but the hatred being expressed by some on here is over the top for me.

They''re a football club for God''s sake... get a grip...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]God All Mighty , some people on here need to get a life and quickly! I don''t like them and I want three points for my club on sunday, but the hatred being expressed by some on here is over the top for me.

They''re a football club for God''s sake... get a grip...[/quote]I think most of it is rather ''tongue in cheek''not something to get too over excited about

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]It''s flushing out the closet binners, though...[/quote]

I would prefer to flush the binner (s) down the closet

I spy binners

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Loathe and hate them with a passion. No desire whatsoever to set foot in Scum Central other than for the derby game. Never watch them on the tellybox unless they have been soundly beaten. Nothing worse than spotting a Scum shirt on holiday. Could not even contemplate them in The Premiership. Nothing better than seeing a grown Scummer cry after we beat them. The list is endless.[/quote]

In that case you must loathe Delia just as much.

Surely the Wolves are more loathsome than Ipswich?

There''s not a single positive about Ipswich the town, the ground, the fans or the club. They''ve been so irrelevant for so many years that they''ve become more of a ''but we used to be good'' set of fans than even the Leeds'' and such of this division.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Loathe and hate them with a passion. No desire whatsoever to set foot in Scum Central other than for the derby game. Never watch them on the tellybox unless they have been soundly beaten. Nothing worse than spotting a Scum shirt on holiday. Could not even contemplate them in The Premiership. Nothing better than seeing a grown Scummer cry after we beat them. The list is endless.[/quote]

In that case you must loathe Delia just as much.

Surely the Wolves are more loathsome than Ipswich?[/quote]Whatever are you on about ?

After what I’ve just read about that awful tweet about Justin Fashanu I absolutely despise them even more 😡😡😡

I suspect that many of the people who brag about the enormity their faux loathing/hatred of our local rivals are the same pathetic virtue signallers ready to jump on anyone else who tries to express their concerns on issues such as economic migration, race relations and religions. Or, panned working class people for voting Brexit because they are, in their view, small minded and ignorant/bigoted.

Human beings are, of necessity, tribal or inclined to groups and this is good and bad because it allows people of all type and background to come together for example to support a football team but it also means that as a voracious and aggressive animal we oppose others who threaten our group. We extend this to putting down or fearing others to enhance our own group identity.

Having panned Ipswich Town for years I find it difficult to hate them but you don''t have to hate cattle to work in an abattoir and so it is a functional attitude.

But, recent experiences in the EPL do arouse great antipathy in me towards the ''big six'' and certain pundits but at least I can point to reasons why.

I certainly think Ipswich hate us because they have nothing else to use over the past decade.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]God All Mighty , some people on here need to get a life and quickly! I don''t like them and I want three points for my club on sunday, but the hatred being expressed by some on here is over the top for me.

They''re a football club for God''s sake... get a grip...[/quote]
Quite agree, life''s far too short for hate, bitterness or loathing, I have a couple of decent Ipswich friends who I enjoy banter with but like all ncfc fans love it when they lose a game, always want us to thrash them, always want them to finish well beneath us & the list goes on & on.
But as you get older you mellow and you realise there''s more to worry about in life than hating football fans

I can''t believe how some on here say that they are " just another club down the road" or that it''s " just another game " probably many who don''t often or ever go to a game , let alone a Scum derby game .

Typical of today''s liberalist snowflake society ,, YOU get a grip , take a side ffs.

💛💚⚽️#otbc#ncfc #ctid

Seems like one or two on here are definitely on the bandwagon.

The games nowadays are important for league points only.

The days when you did dislike Ipswich because it meant something are long, long gone.

There was an undercurrent of violence and anger at every fixture years ago but now the old troublemakers are all pensioners and the new generation are wannabes but can only type, talk or sing about.

When they invade the pitch to stop sand being put all over the penalty area, then they can justify this faux anger.

I hate them on a biblical scale. Given half a chance I would slaughter them all. Them, their children, their children''s children, their parents, anybody that has even had the audacity of talking to one.I would go so far as destroying any sperm or egg banks that had a future binner on ''ice'' I would burn down their buildings, especially their hospitals, destroy their crops and seed stores and salt the earth so nothing could ever grow there again. Poison the wells and rivers, killing the fish and crustacea. And for the final flourish I would paint their sheep yellow and green.

Other than that, 3 points on Sunday would be nice. Just hope it''s a good, entertaining, clean game[Y]

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]

When they invade the pitch to stop sand being put all over the penalty area, then they can justify this faux anger.[/quote]There is a fantastic picture of Kevin Keelan confronting a tiny little chap wearing a trilby hat, glasses and carrying a bucket sand. This was the game back in the sixties at Scum HQ when we lost 3-0 and Keelan had spent the first half on ice skates in his penalty area. At H/T they decided to put sand down to help their goalkeeper but by that time the harm had been done and we were losing.Would love to see that photo again and it must be somewhere in the Archant archives.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]What happened to plagues Herman?[/quote]Oh man, I knew I''d forgotten something. Plagues would obviously have to be at the beginning of their suffering. Cruelty and suffering first, death and destruction second. Sorted[Y]

"There is a fantastic picture of Kevin Keelan confronting a tiny little chap wearing a trilby hat, glasses and carrying a bucket sand. This was the game back in the sixties at Scum HQ when we lost 3-0 and Keelan had spent the first half on ice skates in his penalty area. At H/T they decided to put sand down to help their goalkeeper but by that time the harm had been done and we were losing."

I remember that game. I was a toddler and it was my first game at Portman Road. We went went in a coach organised by the my old boy''s firm, Eastern Electricity, which had been booked by him, he was the chief accountant at the time. I remember the crates of beer in the aisles (no cans in those days) and the fact we were stopped by the police when we got near Ipswich. I cannot remember why, but we all had to disembark.

The pitch sanding issue dominated proceedings as it was so very unfair as the slippery end was unplayable for defenders until it was sanded at half-time..

There was genuine anger amongst City supporters and there were fights on the pitch.

It was a freezing cold night akin to a visit to Siberia. That''s my main memory.

We lost .... but it was very unfair. We were scammed so scrub that result from the tally of all-time results. We are therefore now equal.

There is a fantastic picture of Kevin Keelan confronting a tiny little chap wearing a trilby hat, glasses and carrying a bucket sand. This was the game back in the sixties at Scum HQ when we lost 3-0 and Keelan had spent the first half on ice skates in his penalty area. At H/T they decided to put sand down to help their goalkeeper but by that time the harm had been done and we were losing.

Would love to see that photo again and it must be somewhere in the Archant archives.

I remember a guy I used to go to school with wrestling away, trying to grab the bucket. Quite funny as he still had his roll up in his mouth.

There was definitely a call to murder that day. And the train journey home was a call to arms and invasion!

I''ve only got this but Michael Bailey is on the case to find the article so we can use it at Still On The Ball. 
[URL=http://s269.photobucket.com/user/canaryeddie/media/sand%20pail/sand%20pail.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/canaryeddie/sand%20pail/sand%20pail.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

Yes Tilly and I think that picture of KK was in this paper. Me and Martin only had this photo though. Hopefully we''ll get the rest ☺

I feel sorry for them more than hate them if i''m honest...nearly all their fan base wasn''t born when they last won anything... there''s only so long history is relevant before you have to accept the present.

Anyone recall the pitch invasion by their scum fans at the end of the gunn air kick game?....assaulted our players before congregating on the pitch in front of us whilst we were locked in for a good 20 mins goading us without being moved on by police or stewards.......think most norwich fans hurled whatever objects we could lay our hands on at them...coins,plastic seats whatever was in our pockets. Of course their pitch invasion and the assault on our players was swept under the carpet by the then chairman sheepshanks....who just so happened to double as the chairman of the football league at the time..

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Anyone recall the pitch invasion by their scum fans at the end of the gunn air kick game?....assaulted our players before congregating on the pitch in front of us whilst we were locked in for a good 20 mins goading us without being moved on by police or stewards.......think most norwich fans hurled whatever objects we could lay our hands on at them...coins,plastic seats whatever was in our pockets. Of course their pitch invasion and the assault on our players was swept under the carpet by the then chairman sheepshanks....who just so happened to double as the chairman of the football league at the time..[/quote]Remember it well.After all that s*it in front of us after the game on the pitch we then had to stand corralled in Portman Rd while the police dispersed the locals some of which were ranting at us swinging frothy-mouthed and bulgy-eyed on the chain fence opposite.Must confess I lost it a bit '' effin and jeffin at Plod for letting the animals run loose but fortunately they didn''t seem interested in arresting anyone that day.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I can''t believe how some on here say that they are " just another club down the road" or that it''s " just another game " probably many who don''t often or ever go to a game , let alone a Scum derby game .

Typical of today''s liberalist snowflake society ,, YOU get a grip , take a side ffs.

💛💚⚽️#otbc#ncfc #ctid[/quote]

Or maybe we don''t have anger management issues like you clearly do.

#smallmansyndrome #roadrage