Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

How much do you loathe Ipswich?

I won''t allow anything of a blue colour in my house or car. I have never bought any blue coloured clothes nor let the missus buy anything blue.

I feel physically sick when I am forced to see those disgusting, blue footy shirts. And I dislike teams such as Everton because of the colour association. That''s how much I loathe Ipswich.

They are just another football team. Living in an IP postcode means I have plenty of blue friends and guess what? They are nice people.

Although you''re clearly tongue in cheek I feel that "loathe" might be being used out of context here. A football club is the sum of many parts which equates to an abstract entity in as much as it would be difficult to put a finger on the cause of such rivalry, such as it is.

If it were any other club I would probably feel sorry for them as there seems little right about the whole set-up. From their last relegation, through administration and on to the absolute disaster of the Marcus Evans era, now exacerbated by the dourness of McCarthy and the consequent drastic decline in support.

As it is ''them'' however I requiesce in every misfortune and in every loss and wish them nothing but continued misfortune.

Why? It''s difficult to say as I went for many years after my youthful squabbles without even knowing what league they were in, or even caring.

I think the internet and fan''s forum have changed the nature of such rivalries. I, like most on here, visit TWTD regularly and therefore am wound up a bit by the constant (and often quite childish) abuse directed towards our club. I should imagine the vice versa applies (but more so with the difficult to comprehend Wrath of the Barclay site it seems,) and who of us is not guilty of provocative postings about ITFC knowing full well that any number of binners will be tuning in?

I suppose such verbal combat is better than the fisticuffs which can often materialise amongst the great unwashed.

I suffered a broken ankle and leg a couple of years ago and after the operation was disgusted to find out I had to wear a blue and white cast for eight weeks. Appropriately though, every time I had a bath I had to wrap my blue and white leg in a bin bag to stop it getting wet.My binner leg has never been the same since.Apples

I have to confess not as much as i used to due to our recent superiority over them. They haven''t really troubled us for some time and as such have all gone rather quiet. I still hat them but its been a while since it was the pure, venomous hatred i had for them in the 90''s and 00''s.

That said the fear/thought of losing to them for the first time in ages is horrifying and if we do then they will no doubt be so unbearable after the game that hatred levels will very quickly return. That is what haunts me going into the derby these days. I know we are a better side and i''m confident we will finish above them again this season but better sides don''t always win one off games.

Loathe and hate them with a passion. No desire whatsoever to set foot in Scum Central other than for the derby game. Never watch them on the tellybox unless they have been soundly beaten. Nothing worse than spotting a Scum shirt on holiday. Could not even contemplate them in The Premiership. Nothing better than seeing a grown Scummer cry after we beat them. The list is endless.

City1st doesn''t seem to like the boys in blue. By all accounts he doesn''t like Ipswich either.

I think you''re all getting a bit fraught.By the way, does anyone want to buy any cheesecake, wine (some vintage) or large screen TV''s?

Just find them sad and pathetic nowadays with them always harking back to their ancient history. I suspect the majority of them voted for Brexit such is their level of intelligence!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Loathe and hate them with a passion. No desire whatsoever to set foot in Scum Central other than for the derby game. Never watch them on the tellybox unless they have been soundly beaten. Nothing worse than spotting a Scum shirt on holiday. Could not even contemplate them in The Premiership. Nothing better than seeing a grown Scummer cry after we beat them. The list is endless.[/quote]^^^^^^This with bells on[Y]

@TillyLoathe and hate them with a passion. No desire whatsoever to set foot

in Scum Central other than for the derby game. Never watch them on the

tellybox unless they have been soundly beaten. Nothing worse than

spotting a Scum shirt on holiday
. Could not even contemplate them in The

Premiership. Nothing better than seeing a grown Scummer cry after we

beat them.Didnt have you down as a Skegnmess man Tilly? just shows how wrong you can be [;)]

To me, they''re just another football club. Can''t see the point in holding hatred for things but each to their own.

I dislike the Mccarthy Ipswich more than I''ve disliked them at other times simply as they are so very boring.

The sheer lack of ambition to actually try and win when we play them is staggering to me. The game at Carrow in Feb/March the season we won the playoffs was quite something. Four clogger midfielders, sitting deep and knocking it long to the isolated big man at every opportunity. Just mind numbingly dull.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, one other thing. Taking the train from the Fine City to London and having to pull in to that Town, having to see all those glum and deadbeat faces on the platform.

All trains should be routed via Cambridge and nonstop, too,

TIL 1010 wrote:

Loathe and hate them with a passion. No desire whatsoever to set foot in Scum Central other than for the derby game. Never watch them on the tellybox unless they have been soundly beaten. Nothing worse than spotting a Scum shirt on holiday. Could not even contemplate them in The Premiership. Nothing better than seeing a grown Scummer cry after we beat them.

The list is endless.

^^^^^^This with bells on

Despise the disgusting scum

Maybe it is living out of the area and not interested in other club sites but they are just another team in our way at the moment.

Bragging rights are fine from a football point of view but that is where it ends for me.

The dislike and hatred that started in the 60''s is irrelevant today and I do wonder how many jump on the band wagon without ever having been there.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Oh yeah, almost forgot, one other thing. Taking the train from the Fine City to London and having to pull in to that Town, having to see all those glum and deadbeat faces on the platform.

All trains should be routed via Cambridge and nonstop, too,[/quote]Far better the days when whatever you ''gave up'' went straight onto the track.Could be a bit tricky waiting until the train had stopped a binland station though.Those were the days when suffolk folk would get on the train with cages of hens, various rabbits, and once even a pig. On the way to the local market I suppose.

In the spirit of Brexit and doing what''s "best for Britain", why don''t we just dig the entire county up at the Suffolk border and float them off to Holland?

Because Holland, seeing a land mass populated with gap toothed simpletons from another age, would simply point their windmills at them and blow them back to the UK.

Also their endlessly bleating about us beating Bayern Munich.I can''t say that ever comes up in a conversation amongst any City fans I know.but this game does seem far more important to them than us. We want the points, to continue our climb towards the top of the table.Whether those points for them will be important come next May we shall have to wait to see, as relegation looks a far more likely scenario for them.

Use the energy on supporting Norwich and not hating the neighbour. Of course not like them, but cut out the hating and use the extra energy on singing and screaming for the yellow and green instead.

I don''t loathe them at all, they are just another club and I hope we beat them but hate is something I reserve for things a bit more meaningful.

Can''t stand it when people say it''s about bragging rights, it''s so much more than that. If they were in the conference I would still want them relegated. If we were 5-0 up with a minute left I would still want us to go out to score a sixth.

Can''t stand it when people say it''s about bragging rights, it''s so much more than that. If they were in the conference I would still want them relegated. If we were 5-0 up with a minute left I would still want us to go out to score a sixth.

My word. How about them being in the same division and having two "derbies" each year?

Cannot for the life of me understand the hatred. As others have said, reserve it for something far more worthy of hatred.