Sign in to follow this  
ed walker

Do Spurs have first option on Ashton?

Just a thought, but with Marney and now Davenport having joined city on loan, has this been just good business by the board with a club that have a huge squad, or is there something deeper such as them being given first option on Ashton?

Apparently they were interested in him before the start of the season. ??????????

you mean like Arsenal had first option on Green cos they lent us Bentley??  There is no such  thing as these agreements in Football

[quote]Just a thought, but with Marney and now Davenport having joined city on loan, has this been just good business by the board with a club that have a huge squad, or is there something deeper such as the...[/quote]

May be, may be not;  who knows?   I wont be losing any sleep over it though.

The same rumours started about green and bentley last season.

I have a feeling Ashton will be gone come Feb if we are not in the top half of the table come Jan though...

OTBC

please, not another conspiracy theorist!

Jol has been quoted as saying it would be sloppy of them to go back for Ashton after they could have signed him before we did but opted for Mido instead.

Besides, Spurs'' squad is bursting at the seems, where exactly would Deano fit in?

I think it''s probably more to do with Tottenham having a large squad with some quality players who are not getting a game. Therefore Worthy has had more joy in loaning players from them than other teams with smaller squads!

after recent performances, i dont think many teams will be after ashton in a hurry....