Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Team vs Scum

I would love to see Nelson start but I think it will be Jerome up front. Don;t have a problem with that really as he''d led the line well recently and is a thorn in the side of the sc*m.

I''d also love to get Wes in the side but then away from home would also be tempted with Murphy if he''s fit again.

On balance I think he will go with the above back 7 and then a front 4 of:

Wildshutt Maddison Hoolahan

Jerome

Same starting eleven as last week with the likes of Oliviera,Wes,Murphy,Stiepermann on the bench i am sure Farke would use 3 of them as and when/if necessary.

GunnPinto  Zimmermann Klose  Husband               Reed  Trybull     Maddison  Vrancic  Stiepermann                     Jerome

All about opinions but why would you play Maddison (who has been excellent in the centre) out wide and play Vrancic (who struggles physically) in the most physical away game we are likely to have? Genuinely interested as to your thinking there Lakey?

I think we need pace on Sunday so if Murphy is fit would be half tempted to play both him and Wildshutt.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]All about opinions but why would you play Maddison (who has been excellent in the centre) out wide and play Vrancic (who struggles physically) in the most physical away game we are likely to have? Genuinely interested as to your thinking there Lakey?

I think we need pace on Sunday so if Murphy is fit would be half tempted to play both him and Wildshutt.[/quote]Think ths match will be won in midfield, not necessarily out wide and Stiepermann and Maddison are more likely - imo - to do better in that sitiation than Murphy and Wildschutt - and also Stiepermann and Maddison are quite capable of playing wider in a match when needed to.

If the match is to be won in midfield, and I tend to agree with you there, then surely you would play your best attacking midfielder in the center?

I accept you might feel that is Vrancic but Farke usually utilities him in wide positions when he has Maddison available. I''d be surprised to see him change his mind on that for Sunday.

Vrancic

Vrancic Vrancic Vrancic

Vrancic Vrancic Vrancic Vrancic Vrancic

Vrancic

Vrancic

I know playing with a back 3 may be a bit of a risk, but I think we have the personnel to make it work.

Good point.

Vrancic

Vrancic

Vrancic

Vrancic

Vrancic

Vrancic

Wes

I will be very disappointed to see Vrancic in the team as i just don;t feel this is his type of game (although obviously if he is then i hope he proves me wrong).

I would like to see Wes but am struggling a bit as to how to accommodate him if we also play Madders (which we should).

The attacking midfield three are always interchanging anyway so I don''t think it hugely matters if Maddison is nominally on the right.

I haven''t watched Ipswich in a while but I know they went through a phase of playing three at the back - if that is still a thing I''d like to see Wildschut and/or Murphy stretching the play a bit wider and taking advantage of any space the wing backs leave.

@jim

In that case I''d hope we''d let Yanic and Josh go at them if fit. Playing Vranic or Wes out wide will just funnel play too centrally.

A friend tells me they are very slow at the back, so I would look to use Wildschut''s pace to support Jerome and move them around, allowing space for Maddison and Stiepermann.

It''s also a more physical 11 to handle their strengths.

Ref is the same one who sent off Watkins at Reading, and he was quite yellow card happy as I recall, although Reading ought to have been down to 10 before he was sent off. Hopefully he isn''t as biased towards the home team. So there''s every possibility that there will be a red card, hopefully not for us.

Gunn

Pinto Zimmermann Klose Husband

Reed Trybull

Wildschut Maddison Stiepermann

Jerome

Think you might have it there Mr Woodman. Physicality, bit of pace, passing quality, cover for the full backs, I like it. The likes of Nelson, Wes, Vrancic or possibly even Murphy if he''s available to change things in the last half hour. The Reed/Trybull area and down the channels is where this game will most likely be won or lost. I''m thinking a 1-1 draw. As usual that first goal is so important.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]They were supposedly exposed down the flanks against the Blades. Weak at full back.[/quote]That has been a weakness of theirs.If they have the carthorse Chambers at RB then it would be a fast winger. I don''t think they have much experience at RB.The question then is whether to hold back with Murphy or Wildschutt until they are getting knackered then tear into themMy thought would be to get stuck in as soon as possible. The one thing we have shown we are good at is closing down a game. One or two up and that is night night binners.

That''s not bad.

We do seem to have a decent lot to pick from even with injuries.

I think Stieperman''s power and all-round attributes might well be useful in this particular hot house of a game.

I am as certain as can be that Jerome will start. That seems to have been Farke''s thinking from day one, whilst Windshutt would seem to be the wild card in as much as you never quite know what his efforts will result in.

[quote user="lincsy88"]Gunn

Pinto, Zimmermann, Klose, Husband

Trybull, Reed

Wildschut, Maddison, Steiperman

Oliviera[/quote]back four seems agreed by allwith most likely Trybull and Reed as DMsMaddison, yesSo it''s a choice out of Murphy. Hoolahan, Vrancic Wildschut,, Steiperman,

Jerome and Oliviera 

for three other starters, with three on the bench and one left out all together, as I presume the bench will feature Hanley and McGovernMine would be Murphy.Wildschutt and Jerome to look for an early lead then others on later to hold it

Almost opted for Murphy and Jerome but I just feel we could use a bit of pace from the bench when their defense gets tiered and as mentioned above by Broadstairs I feel Stiepermanns physicality will be needed in this game. As for the Jerome/Oliviera debate, I have a feeling chances may be at a premium and with Nelson in my opinion being the better finisher I feel he is the better option.

Its always a good sign when the back four picks itself, we also look more solid with Steiperman in front of husband. I can also see Madders starting, to be joined by Wes if were chasing the game or replaced by him if we are closing the game out. Jerome up top for me, bags of experience , a cool head and you just know he loves to score against them, our third in playoff semi was Cam Jam Cool Cont all over. Panic Wildshot on the right, Trybull /Reed shielding and though its not most attack minded set up, it should be tough to score against. so for me...

Gunno                                                               Ivo                 Zimmo         Timmo         Husbo

Reedo       Trybo

Wildo                                     Maddo                     Stiepo

Camo Jamo

Subs Nelso, Weso, Hanlo, Mairio o, Murpho, and that GK that cant take in a crosso.

If teh rpess conference is to be believed neither Nelson nor murphy looks like they are be ready for a start, which for me would mean a certain start for Wildschutt.

I suspect we will see steipermann back at lb with a midfield three of wildschutt, maddison and vrancic behind. jerome.

No. ZLF.

Husband has earned his colours.

Stiepermann in front of him is solid.

I like Vrancic but feel he is a luxury for this game, which for obvious reasons is a ''one off'' so to speak.

There are more than mere points at stake.

Broadstairs - told you Garner would be fit didn''t I? All just play/game talk

Re our injury list we still have Naismith Watkins Russ Tettey out and Oliveira is only75% & long term Pritchard, Jarvis, Thompson

Good news re Stiepermann & Murphy for Sunday especially the first one