Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread

Agree about the ref, that free kick against Wes on our right was a blatant dive, and there have been a couple of other dodgy decisions. I guess I would say that though.

[quote user="king canary"]@ginja

Thats the problem with stats though. Our three on target have been very easily saved side foots. I''d say the Ipswich shot off the post and mcgoldrick''s free header were much more threatening but won''t show up in ''shots on target.''[/quote]
There''s no chance of it being a goal if you can''t get your shots on target though

Jerome, Wes and Wildschut are all very poor. Match winners on their day we know, but much more needed from all three.

Poor game. Very little quality. Getting bullied a bit. Struggling to deal with all these long balls.Tettey has been badly missed. Reed has been anonymous so far.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Jerome, Wes and Wildschut are all very poor. Match winners on their day we know, but much more needed from all three.[/quote]Jerome, don''t doubt we''ll see Nelson before too long.  Wes, imo totally ineffective.  Wildshut''s full back is on a yellow so I''d leave him on.  Don''t agree he''s been poor, just my opinion!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Poor game. Very little quality. Getting bullied a bit. Struggling to deal with all these long balls.Tettey has been badly missed. Reed has been anonymous so far. [/quote]

Disagree about Reed. Reed has been involved in some good forward moves and put in an excellent cross for Jerome.  Good competitive game for me, Ipswich asking us some questions and lots of individual battles out there and we''re winning plenty of them.  Would like to see Murphy on for Wes to give us a bit more in attack, but so far so good.

Wildschut has been one of our best players! Him and Maddison have been the bright spot up top.

I''d get Nelson on for Jerome as soon as possible though, Jerome just offers no goal threat currently.

Argh, I said Wildschut has been good but fuck me his crossing drives me mad. Gets into a great position then hits a weak side foot straight at the first man.

Agreed - apart from a few touches from Maddison and Wes, there is very little quality on show. None from the binners.

I thought that both old heads, Jerome and Wes, were quite poor in the first half but they have both started the second half well.

Wheeeee Maddison.