Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread

Team -                     GunnPinto Zimmermann Klose Stiepermann              Reed     Trybull   Wildschut  Maddison   Hoolahan                  Jerome

Happy with that too! Now let''s go kick some ass!

Btw, if we get a good result today then I have a feeling that will be down to a big performance from Wildschut. Just have a good feeling about him today.

OTBC!

I am ok with this with a plan for impact substitutions. The Scum are not going to like to see Murphy and Nelson coming on later in the game. We need a big game from Trybull imo.

Happy with that too, we knew Nelson wouldn''t start as he cant do 90 mins yet.

C''mon you Yellows, enjoy the game everyone

I think that Husband can count himself unlucky after his recent performances.

My instinct would have had him in and have Stiepermann instead of Wes to start with, but no doubt DF has it all well planned out.

I too am waiting for that Windshutt explosion, but then I was last week and he missed a sitter and eventually seemed to run out of steam.

Husband very unlucky but I understand the change.

We''re an excellent counter attacking team and scum have gone all out attack. If we can just get that early goal this could be really fun!

It''s odd. If this was at CR I''d be way more nervous but I''m really (perhaps naively/stupidly) confident about today. Would feel much more relaxed if Tettey was involved as well but can''t be helped.

Going for a 3-1 win

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I think that Husband can count himself unlucky after his recent performances.

My instinct would have had him in and have Stiepermann instead of Wes to start with, but no doubt DF has it all well planned out.

I too am waiting for that Windshutt explosion, but then I was last week and he missed a sitter and eventually seemed to run out of steam.[/quote]Have to agree with that, Wes like to drift

infield which makes space for Stieperman coming forward but may leave a

hole when defending.We will see.

Can''t be too frustrated with Wildschut. It''s Jerome syndrome, that with his raw physical attributes if he had just a little more technical ability he''d be totally out of our and anyone else in this league''s reach.

I just enjoy the runs he makes, it''s something different and scared the opposition to death, doesn''t matter if it doesn''t come off, at least he tries to do something!

Not very good at the moment for us, defensively very open, feel we are missing Tettey, not much protection for the CBs

[quote user="Ginja"]Not very good at the moment for us, defensively very open, feel we are missing Tettey, not much protection for the CBs[/quote]

Yeah, I have no idea what Reed brings to the party. We are definitely missing Tettey.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Ginja"]Not very good at the moment for us, defensively very open, feel we are missing Tettey, not much protection for the CBs[/quote]

Yeah, I have no idea what Reed brings to the party. We are definitely missing Tettey.[/quote]
Thankfully Ipswich having a rather poor time in front of goal, really should be in front by now.

Jerome has been ineffective so far. Not winning enough headers or holding the ball up. Had a great chance too

Reed himself is fine but him and Trybull are too similar together- neat and tidy but not very dynamic. With Tettey you add a player who makes runs forwards and can press higher up the pitch.

[quote user="king canary"]Second best so far. Could very easily be 2-0 down and barely threatened their keeper.[/quote]

Isn''t the ''barely threatened their keeper'' our new style of play, and then we score and win by one goal?

[quote user="king canary"]Second best so far. Could very easily be 2-0 down and barely threatened their keeper.[/quote]
While I agree to a degree, we''ve had 3 shots to their zero on target, hardly not threatened.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Refs a bit of a "homer."[/quote]

Ref is giving them far too many cheap free kicks. We need to learn from them and just start falling over

@ginja

Thats the problem with stats though. Our three on target have been very easily saved side foots. I''d say the Ipswich shot off the post and mcgoldrick''s free header were much more threatening but won''t show up in ''shots on target.''