Sign in to follow this  
Robornio

Wes and Jimmy Masterclass

It was wonderful watching Wes and Jimmy Madds working together today. The passing between them was one of the best partnerships I''ve seen for ages. The ability to turn, swivel, have the vision, one-touch pass, move and go was something else. Even under pressure, I don''t remember either of them losing the ball at all. I just hope Maddison hasn''t made himself too much of a target in January or get injured. But great work lads!

At times is great to watch. It’s probably the first time Wes has had someone to play with who is on the same wavelength.

But I still have reservations picking 2 of Wes, Maddison and Vrancic. I think we’re more of a threat with one of them in the 10 role, with a couple of direct players flanking. Wildshut and Watkins with either Wes or Maddison for me.

These two were superb. Wes had one of those games where the ball seemed to glue to his feet on command.

I think Yanic needs a shout out too though. His directness and penetration really complimented Wes and Madders play-making imo.

Pritchard is going to find it very difficult to nail his starting spot when he returns. A great position for us to be in.

I really hope that once, even if its just in a cup tie against lower league opposition, that we get to see Wes, Maddison and Pritchard all playing at the same time. I don''t care if it doesn''t work I just want to see it.

[quote user="TheManWhoSoldDerveld"]I really hope that once, even if its just in a cup tie against lower league opposition, that we get to see Wes, Maddison and Pritchard all playing at the same time. I don''t care if it doesn''t work I just want to see it.[/quote]

I always enjoyed seeing Wes, Surmam and Fox play together. They could keep ball for fun. Pritch, madders and Wes would be great to watch.